Anybody use Costco Auto Program?

FooBird

If the Foo...well, you know. Just wear it.
VIP Member
Toys For Tots
Kirkland, WA
Vehicle Model
Si
Body Style
Coupe
I didn't think of using Costco's auto buying program when I purchased my Civic, but I did with my latest car purchase. Has anybody else used this? I found the pricing to be better than the Truecar.com price and all I had to do was find a participating dealer and ask for the Costco price. At that point in time, as long as the car that I was interested on the lot was there and available, it made negotiation really easy.

I see plenty of threads around here with people fighting with the dealer on pricing, or getting advice in pricing. Just curious who's out there that used this as well.

Hello,

While I haven't use the Costco program to buy a car, the dealership I work for is signed up for it. Like you said, it eliminates negotiations and tries to make the transaction easier.

Some people do have the time and patience to call/visit 8 Honda dealers to work on a price. Others don't. It's really up to each person.

The one truth is this. At the end of the day every Honda dealer buys their inventory from Honda for the same price. It's just a matter of each dealer and customer agreeing to a fair deal. Costco program, among others, just makes it easier by giving you a realistic price.

How's your Civic Si doing? Would love to see some day shots of it in WA. Always wanted to visit there.

I've seen 2 or 3 people say they used costco and samsclub to buy their civic.

My aunt used it to buy her CR-V a year or two ago. She really liked it.

Like HondaGeek said, it's a really good way to avoid a lot of the dealership hassle.

Back