Anyone have pics of 17x9 +35 with a mild drop?

Atsownz

Hey guys,

I was referred to this forum by one of my dealers techs. I picked up a '12 lx coupe yesterday and am on the hunt for a couple of pictures of someone running a 17x9 +35 setup with a 1.5" or so drop as I plan to run a set of road magnet springs.. If anyone has any advice for what would be a good setup please let me know, as I want to get as close to the "flush" look without full coil overs or modding fenders.

Thanks!

welcome to the site... here are some pics I dug up below -

7a9a648a.jpg

17x9+35 on 8th gen skunk2 coils ^^

8043560531_32c4d9f232_c.jpg

311314_381720391909944_1036879705_n.jpg

17x9.5+30 ^^ sk8nava

What'sUpDOHC! also has that setup below
http://9thcivic.com/forum/threads/9thcivic-ride-of-the-month-october-2012-winner.5791/

I had 17x9 +35 with road magnets...
if you have instagram you can see it user name is japspecjohn

The 1st pic- he sold his car...so I don't really know any other specifics besides him using 8th gen skunk2 coils. Sorry

JOhn That looks great! Did you experience any rubbing or did you have to mod the fenders? Lastly do you remember what size tire you were running and was there any specific camber settings needed?

webby Thanks for all the help man!

Welcome to the best site ever!! And the best and most helpful moderator Webby! And to answer your questions depends what tire size your going with because I'm running the same drop as in my build list which is about a 3 in drop and at the time I was running 205-40 series tires so no rubbing or modding the fenders, I switched it up and I'm using 215-45 series at the same height and I'm rubbing just a little on turns. I also have skunk2 rear camber set to match the stock camber arms. Hope this helps ;)

basically, if you want gangster fitment wheels, plan on doing some fender work. Riding wide isn't for everyone. lol. Its definitely a love hate thing.

I'm a newcomer to the site and you all seem to know what your doing when it comes to these cars. Im I'm need of some help for my offset as well. I'm am looking to buy the vossen cv3 rims but they have a 32mm offset. What all will I need to fit them on my cars 45mm offset. I've never fit a lower offseted wheel before so if someone can please tell me everything I'd need to fit them I'd greatly appreciate it!

welcome to the site. Are you driving a 9th gen civic?... any lowering springs/coilovers?

Back