Anyone here a beer advocate?

I'm usually not a fan of IPAs but love this one, you get more of the citrus flavor than bitterness.
9af9ac115f767e8fe691862bb2f19cc7.jpg

I've been into sours and gose all summer.
I can do those in moderation. The sweet tart pucker on those is nice but they're one and done.

As for IPA, if you do it right, it's good. Too many breweries are going the route of it's a popular thing right now and so many of them are throwing a bitter, piney beer at you and saying it's great. No. It's not. Just because you can produce a beer that's 80+ IBU doesn't mean it's drinkable. Also, putting in three varieties of bittering hops is a little overkill, especially high acidity ones in the final stages. Ugh.

Reactions: Nix
Whoa a dead thread. Well, New Year's Eve, birthday, and a 24 oz bottle of Ommegang Theee Philosophers to enjoy.

Try the winter shandy by curious traveler or whatever it's different but it's good

Prairie make great beers. They are all expensive. Some were worth it some weren't. I would still buy it on recommendation despite the price. If its a good one, it will be awesome. I haven't had a drink in near 2 months.

Carton 007. Yes, I'm still working and might get a 90 min IPA.
3b116b92c1b5b11741f13d4ab8ea7c37.jpg

Sent from my MotoG3 using Tapatalk

Not a IPA guy but the Ballast Point Grapefruit Sculpin's IPA sure went down well in CA. I'm a Bell's fan and it has that same 'secret' flavor. I think that subtle flavor is grapefruit.

Reactions: Nix
Delicious. Like super delicious. Imperial stout. The flavor of chocolate in it is intense. Would rival a mocha latte in chocolate and coffee. Too bad it's $12 for a bottle.

IMAG0187_zpshbtbmt5u.jpg

Back