Anyone Investigated OEM 2014 Si Rear Sway Bar Retrofit to 2012 Si?

hotdogjohnny

USA
Vehicle Model
Civic Si
Body Style
Sedan
I am wondering if anyone knows if the 2014 and 2012 Si sway bars are interchangeable (on the sedan). Reason is, the 2014 rear sway is way cheaper than aftermarket, like progressive. If it is, it could improve handling a lot . . . on the cheap.

I wouldn't be surprised if they do fit. But what I can tell you is, if your looking you budget sway bars, don't get the Godspeeds. Lol. I was looking into them earlier and judging from the pics, the bad quality was easily noticed.

Maybe @CollegeHillsHonda can verify.

Last edited:
I am wondering if anyone knows if the 2014 and 2012 Si sway bars are interchangeable (on the sedan). Reason is, the 2014 rear sway is way cheaper than aftermarket, like progressive. If it is, it could improve handling a lot . . . on the cheap.
I'm not sure I would bother with the hassle of changing the rear sway bar from a 2012 to a 2014 @hotdogjohnny.
Personally I would go with the Progress Group rear sway. There are a couple to choose from and they're not that expensive.
IMO it falls under the category of do it right or not at all.

I'm not sure I would bother with the hassle of changing the rear sway bar from a 2012 to a 2014 @hotdogjohnny.
Personally I would go with the Progress Group rear sway. There are a couple to choose from and they're not that expensive.
IMO it falls under the category of do it right or not at all.
IIRC the 2012 Si rear sway is 15mm solid bar. The 2014 Si is a 20mm solid bar. $38.00 online. The cheapest progressive is 22mm and I think their bars are hollow ($183). Still thinking about all the options. I need to reduce roll, it was great with eibach springs but now there's 32k miles on oem shocks and it rolls a bit more like original setup. Can't do shocks/coilovers now.

$38 for a 20mm bar is wicked cheap..... but, with sway bars a couple mm makes a big difference. Not a bad thought though. I think we will have to wait and see if anyone takes pics or attempts it.

$38 is cheap to try and guinea pig something.

Just to clarify, yes this can be done. For any 2012's or 2013's out there, the 2014-15 rear sway bar is a direct bolt on. However, the bushings and clamps and hardware need to be replaced as well.

College Hills Honda is where I bought all my rear sway bar parts. It was an easy install.

Back