Anyone use JL C2-650x speakers in the rear shelf?

JohnEnglish

Crutchfield says they won’t fit but I can’t figure out why. They’re 6.5” and shallower than other speakers that they say will fit. I’m tempted to buy them just to try them out.

The tweeter in that model sticks up above the rim of the main speaker. If I had to guess it’s being flagged due to that? That speaker hasn’t been mentioned here, so it’s not been used, but if you contacted crutchfield they’d prob tell you why that one is flagged. On other models they say work, it mentions reusing the factory speaker grills. They may be too close to that tweeter for the factory grills?

IMG_9859.jpeg

Ah that may be it. I’ll ask crutchfield.

It looks like they’ve been used on some 10th gen Civics and some people were asking about them for 8th gen Civics but there doesn’t seem to be any replies to those threads and the OPs never updated them. That’s why I was wondering if they would work with the 9th gen.

The tweeter in that model sticks up above the rim of the main speaker. If I had to guess it’s being flagged due to that? That speaker hasn’t been mentioned here, so it’s not been used, but if you contacted crutchfield they’d prob tell you why that one is flagged. On other models they say work, it mentions reusing the factory speaker grills. They may be too close to that tweeter for the factory grills?

View attachment 66588
Crutchfield said that the "magnet is too big" (3" diameter) and that its mounting depth is too long at 2.6". However, people have put in speakers that have a 3 7/8" mounting depth and they fit fine.

Usually Crutchfield pretty good with this stuff, but this seems weird. I'll have to double check the space available between the rear shelf and the trunk springs.

Back