Apple CarPlay

JonnyRotten

Mississauga, Ontario, Canada
Vehicle Model
Civic Si
Body Style
coupe
For those of you with 2014 models and a iPhone 5 or newer we are waiting for the release of Apple's new CarPlay.
http://www.apple.com/ios/carplay/
Has anyone heard or looked into this yet? It looks like a great feature once it becomes available and it sounds like all you will need to do is have your dealership upgrade your software once it does become available. :dance1:

Still can't find out if this is available or when this is being released by Apple. :mad:
There are demos floating around that I've seen from pioneer. They all say "summer 2014" as the official carplay software release. Could be tomorrow for all we know.

From Pioneer:

CarPlay compatibility will be available in early summer 2014 via a firmware update to the five 2014 NEX in-dash multimedia receivers.

Pricing and Availability: AVIC-8000NEX ($1400 SRP), AVIC-7000NEX ($1200 SRP), AVIC-6000NEX ($900 SRP), AVIC-5000NEX ($750 SRP) and AVH-4000NEX ($700 SRP) are currently available at authorized Pioneer Car Electronics dealers nationwide, including Best Buy, Crutchfield and Car Toys.

I contacted Honda customer care via Twitter. On July 11, they responded, "We advised that announcements re: our vehicles & CarPlay would be made soon. We are still waiting as well. We're sorry. ^RR"

So I guess we're still out of luck for the foreseeable future.

I contacted Honda customer care via Twitter. On July 11, they responded, "We advised that announcements re: our vehicles & CarPlay would be made soon. We are still waiting as well. We're sorry. ^RR"

So I guess we're still out of luck for the foreseeable future.
I'm still hopeful that CarPlay will launch soon @Dherrmann
It looks like it will be a great addition to the car for those of us that have Apple iPhones.

Likewise, Honda had planned a 2014 rollout but is now expected to put that move off until 2015, according to IHS.
I'll wait to hear it directly from honda, not some 3rd party research firm. Some of the stats and info in that article make me laugh. They can't have a clue what kind of market share either company will have by 2020.

wounder what the fee will be to buy the update, something crazy I bet, show be free as it will in the 2015's

Hondalink and ios8 are not working well supposedly. In another thread, a member said Honda sent them a letter about not updating to ios8 (due to issues/bugs).

Back