Are Front-Wheel Drive and All-Season Tires Enough for Winter Driving?

Haha I was waiting for someone to watch that vid! Ready to buy a set?

about $4000 each corner. They used to sell them up in the North Country where I used to go to school. Northern NY.

Those of you with Blizzak WS70s, how stiff is the side wall, and how do they handle on grooved pavement? I had WS60s on my Cooper S, and they had a really weak sidewall and the car would rock from side to side on grooved pavement.

Certain tires such as options found in the Performance Winter / Snow category feature a stiffer sidewall and higher speed ratings that are a little more appropriate for extended dry road use. In contrast, extremely soft compounded tires with a very low speed rating will want to be kept off until absolutely needed to avoid premature wear. These aggressive winter / snow tires can be found in the Studless Ice & Snow category.

While the added traction and sense of security is always a great thing, installing your winter / snow tires too early in the season or keeping them them on too long can diminish their effectiveness when they're needed most.

there is a pretty nice chart here -
http://www.tirerack.com/tires/surve...=post-id-16aa97d4-fa1d-4d5c-8ba1-704e42f8e9c6

Back