Are your Civic JDM emblems genuine?

I think I got mine on ebay but can't really remember,as far as whether they're genuine or not I really don't care I just bought them because they're red.

Bumping this due to the fact that this info was very helpful! Awesome thread!

I took a chance on $20 front and rear emblem pack from amazon which I knew where going to be fake but I wanted to see if maybe they would satisfied me enough. Well turns out the fake emblems look too cheapy for me to want to stick em on.

So I'm going to get the real deal since a buddy of mine has em on his civic and it makes his car pop.

Bumping this due to the fact that this info was very helpful! Awesome thread!

I took a chance on $20 front and rear emblem pack from amazon which I knew where going to be fake but I wanted to see if maybe they would satisfied me enough. Well turns out the fake emblems look too cheapy for me to want to stick em on.

So I'm going to get the real deal since a buddy of mine has em on his civic and it makes his car pop.

You definitely want to get the real pair. The fake ones will either not fit right, look cheap, not last long or all the above lol

Some of the fake ones look fine from a distance, but when you get up close you can easily see a lot of the defects, uneven/chipped paint, etc. Plus, they will not last in the sun at all.

We'll be doing a comparison video pretty soon to help show you guys how to spot a fake from a real one. ;)

Some of the fake ones look fine from a distance, but when you get up close you can easily see a lot of the defects, uneven/chipped paint, etc. Plus, they will not last in the sun at all.

We'll be doing a comparison video pretty soon to help show you guys how to spot a fake from a real one. ;)

When are you doing the comparison? :)

SNCYxFw.jpg

great work on the vid /comparison guys.

Nice action on trying to educate us pro civic. When it comes to stuff like this we all could use some help, then its up to us once we learn, to help others in passing the knowledgeable down to Bruce Lee the ones trying to steal our hard earned money. I wish you guys were down here in Quebec Canada.

I got my emblems from Grafix, they quality is good but the front doesn't seem fit? It seems to be curved and the stock one is perfectly flat so it won't sit flush. Anybody else have a 15' Si Sedan and a Honda part number for the front emblem?

I got my emblems from Grafix, they quality is good but the front doesn't seem fit? It seems to be curved and the stock one is perfectly flat so it won't sit flush.

@PRO Civic are good dudes. I don't think they are carrying the JDM emblems any longer. You could try icbmotorsport.com The emblems I ordered from another vendor were drop shipped from those guys.

Grfxp - they sell fakes but they are one of the better fakes out there. They definitely don't fit perfect. I ended up getting genuine ones for my wifes car since I was unhappy with the fitment. However, I used the fake on my own car and ended up super gluing it to the grill. Not the trunk though, I would not take that chance with the paint. The grill is plastic that can be replaced so I used a heat gun to warm it up and then pressed the emblem flat with the loctite gel super glue. Been stuck on just fine for about 2 years now. I ended up putting a vinyl overlay on it also. I think for the price the fakes are fine if you just want to vinyl over them.

Definitely pick up the real thing at least for the rear since it's going to be on your paint. I would hate for it to flex itself off and take a big paint chip with it.

Grfxp does do really nice vinyl work. Don't hesitate to buy an overlay from them. Just don't count on the JDM emblems being legit. Same with the J's racing steering wheel emblem. Fakety fake fake fake. But it's passable. And is it really "fake" if no one makes a real one anyway? heh.

I will be able to get real jdm badges from my Honda buddy come February hopefully and as far as I know the only way to get a real 1 for the steering wheel is buy buying the airbag and there will be 1 already on it... if my Honda buddy can find a way other than that I will let you guys know and gladly take some orders... he he

Nix, do happen to know the part# of the legit front emblem? I work for Honda so I may be able to get a discount if I know which part# to order. If not I'll contact ProCivic next paycheck.

Nix, do happen to know the part# of the legit front emblem? I work for Honda so I may be able to get a discount if I know which part# to order. If not I'll contact ProCivic next paycheck.
There is no real front emblem to fit perfect per say. Companies ship various sizes/shapes that they think fit the 9th gen grill depending on if they have a coupe/sedan. The part numbers could be from a ton of different type r vehicles you'd have to get from Japan or overseas. Dealers in the US have said they can't get them.

Back