Armrest usb 2013 Honda Civic

Aparajith

Hi guys, I recently installed the kenwood Dnx692 on my 2013 Honda Civic lx. I am using the Idatalink maestro and the associated harness for steering wheel controls and interfaces. I am not sure how to connect the usb in the center armrest to my head unit though. The kenwood has enough usb leads hanging out as separate cables. My installer says there is no seperate adapter or harness to connect the usb in the armrest compartment with the kenwood. Is he right? Has anyone done this? If so, how?

Hmm.... that’s weird. When I installed similar system on my older Tucson, there were separate harnesses to connect every premiered connection already present in the car. Agreed, crutchfield provided them all separately after I told what I wanted(google search and my installer), but this is weird from Honda!!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

You could contact kenwood and see if they have a cable

Typical reply from Kenwood customer care:

================================================================================

Dear Valued Customer,

Thank you for contacting Kenwood USA Corporation. We value you as a Kenwood customer and appreciate the opportunity to be of assistance.

Unfortunately the stock USB port is not compatible. USB extensions and USB mounts are not recommended as they will cause communication issues. We apologize for the inconvenience.

If we can be of further assistance, please let us know at customercare@ccc.kenwoodusa. com or by phone at http://www.kenwoodusa.com/ Contact/

================================================================================

So I am guessing the answer is no

So they don’t offer support on that armrest usb.

Back