Automatic Car Washes?

If the swirl marks and spider webs are very very slight sometimes you can get away with a product that has some filler capabilities. Chemical Guys Blacklight is a great one to try out. It can "fill" and hide some very light imperfections and is a great sealant as well. Really easy to work with and it lasts pretty darn good. It's about $25 for a 16oz bottle and will last you numerous applications. Might be worth a shot.

When you mean hand wash you talking about one of those car wash brushes on a wooden broom handle? Or is that considered too harsh?

lol... troll or serious? Keep those rough brushes off your paint! Hahahaha

there are boars hair brushes out there that are soft enough but you have to soak them in hot water for like 30 minutes before you even attempt to wash with them. Also I would not chance any type of brush on soft Honda paint. Stick to a wool mitt or chenille microfiber if you must. A good wool mitt is only a little more than the $10 MF "finger" mitt at pep boys.

:(

I know a reputable detailer in my area, he does all of the Tn Titans players cars, Chris Johnson etc. I will ask him and see what he wants to do...I just hate seeing the sctratches when the sun hits it just right
I have the same thing going on bcuz of my laziness and many automated touch wash. I live in murfreesboro where is the location of the detailer you know and any idea of what he charges?

lol... troll or serious? Keep those rough brushes off your paint! Hahahaha

there are boars hair brushes out there that are soft enough but you have to soak them in hot water for like 30 minutes before you even attempt to wash with them. Also I would not chance any type of brush on soft Honda paint. Stick to a wool mitt or chenille microfiber if you must. A good wool mitt is only a little more than the $10 MF "finger" mitt at pep boys.

Ah ok didn't know using those brushes was bad. The type of brush I usually use looks like this on a broom handle. Didn't think it was that harsh but glad I know it is.

brush.JPG

I have the same thing going on bcuz of my laziness and many automated touch wash. I live in murfreesboro where is the location of the detailer you know and any idea of what he charges?

I am going to ask today what he cahrges and I will let you know, but he told me can buff the scratches out no problem since they are very minimal

I am going to ask today what he cahrges and I will let you know, but he told me can buff the scratches out no problem since they are very minimal

You're in Tennessee? I know we are in different parts of the country, I'm in Oregon but typically up here for a "Full correction" it's north of $150. From what I've recalled with my black TL-S it was two something? At least ballpark anyway, could be more could be less, if it's less then that's a hell of a deal! Good luck.

You're in Tennessee? I know we are in different parts of the country, I'm in Oregon but typically up here for a "Full correction" it's north of $150. From what I've recalled with my black TL-S it was two something? At least ballpark anyway, could be more could be less, if it's less then that's a hell of a deal! Good luck.

North of 200$ is what IU fully expect, but I know the guy so he may cut me a deal if it isnt too terrible

North of 200$ is what IU fully expect, but I know the guy so he may cut me a deal if it isnt too terrible

You're probably right. I just know the basics of paint correction, actually paint protection rather, I have 2 friends that do it, 1 as a hobby of his the other as his business. A lot of people do not know how labor intensive it really is to correct ones paint, or clay, seal, wax etc. When I tell others how much I spend on a detail they look at me like I'm crazy, they just don't understand, they don't get it. It really is an art form, which polishes to use cut with etc, pads and technique too, anything that's labor intensive is going to cost. 200 here and there on a 25K car is nothing IMO. You're obviously conscientious with your vehicle too, it'll pay in the long run. Let us know how it goes!!

You're probably right. I just know the basics of paint correction, actually paint protection rather, I have 2 friends that do it, 1 as a hobby of his the other as his business. A lot of people do not know how labor intensive it really is to correct ones paint, or clay, seal, wax etc. When I tell others how much I spend on a detail they look at me like I'm crazy, they just don't understand, they don't get it. It really is an art form, which polishes to use cut with etc, pads and technique too, anything that's labor intensive is going to cost. 200 here and there on a 25K car is nothing IMO. You're obviously conscientious with your vehicle too, it'll pay in the long run. Let us know how it goes!!

Yeah I just really want my paint to look like it did when I bought it, the car is only 5 months old and beside from bugs it looks great, but when you walk up close you can see the spider web effect all over the car..and it bothers the hell outta me. I will update how it goes, he should call me tonight to set up a time for him look at it :nerd:

Nice. Yeah what you've just described will undoubtably buff right out. No worries. Look forward to the outcome!

Back