aznboi606's 2012 DBP coupe Build Thread

someone said the 2.5 exhaust is good up to 20 pds of boost-then it effects power on a Honda SI. A non boosted car SI doesn't need a 3" inch exhaust when a 2.5 inch does the same power output and the 2.5 inch is less noisy, easy to put on, lighter too. I have a 3" on my srt-4 but it is boosted and can hit 20pds of boost-never had a problem with the exhaust-it's SS with a SS muffler too and a high flow cat-also have a delete cat pipe -not in use -too noisy and stinky. Who ever is making this exhaust Honda SI isn't doing a very good job.

The exhaust is totally compatible with coilovers or stock suspension, Just needs some massaging to work with air ride. @sunofwolf, why do you compare the srt4 to the si so much?

SRT-4 and Honda SI have a lot in common- 2.4 engine size, manual, same weight, front limited slip-jap engine. I also have srt-4 and now a Honda SI. poor Dodge is just so old now-and is lowered so not good on the poor roads- so I thought the Honda SI would be a good replacement-don't think I am wrong about that. I have tuned the dodge cpu , but the controller is so old it only works on some thing's. Time has past for the srt-4!

Gotta say, this full race exhaust is pretty strong. I literately bang the f'ed and thought it might crack on me. You be surprised how many bagged 8th-9thgens use this method to prevent their rear bag from melting.

hey, did you headlight melt yet due to the 55 watt ballast? I wanna update to 55 but im scared to death.

hey, did you headlight melt yet due to the 55 watt ballast? I wanna update to 55 but im scared to death.
They have 5yr warranty on 35w and 3yr on 50w from theretrofitsource if that matters to you.

No, I have d2s4.0 projectors. They are made to withstand 55w.

Damn thanks man. I didnt know that. I currently have mini h1 7.0s with a 35 watt ballast but its just not bright enough for me.

I've also read the interior plastic can haze up from the heat. You also havent experienced anything like that?

Damn thanks man. I didnt know that. I currently have mini h1 7.0s with a 35 watt ballast but its just not bright enough for me.

I've also read the interior plastic can haze up from the heat. You also havent experienced anything like that?

This is my 3rd or 4th retrofit setup that I have done, my only experience from it hazing was from poor sealing. Which was my first setup but I was a noob. Since then, I made sure to add enough butyl glue.

Also, from my research, mini 7.0 should be able to handle 55w.

Back