Bald summer tires at 15xxx Miles

Even converting 11mm to degrees, it still doesn't tell him what the heck was off. "The tire was 11mm off". What was 11mm off? The toe just in the rear? He should be able to get all the info for before/after. If the guy can tell him details of the alignment, then snap a picture of the screen and text it or something. No?
Not sure. I can call him again. It'll probably be after this weekend.

Waiting for the update on this

I've haven't received a response from the service adviser as of yet. I just emailed the service manager and hope to hear something back.

Okay, so I heard back from the dealership that did the alignment. They said they weren't able to save the printout that had what was wrong with the alignment. He said he believed it was the camber that was off. He wasn't very helpful.

There isn't even enough camber adjustment from stock to cause that. That's why everyone has to get aftermarket camber bolts/camber arms to adjust their setup when lowering the car. ^ this above

Okay, so I heard back from the dealership that did the alignment. They said they weren't able to save the printout that had what was wrong with the alignment. He said he believed it was the camber that was off. He wasn't very helpful.

What a bunch of bullshit. I'd go up the chain at that dealership.

Call Corporate. *****. *****. *****.
My beef isn't really with that dealership. It's with the one here in town that marked the tire tread sheet. THOSE are the morons (and in part myself for not thinking to check the tread before a 1,000 mile roadtrip).

My beef isn't really with that dealership. It's with the one here in town that marked the tire tread sheet. THOSE are the morons (and in part myself for not thinking to check the tread before a 1,000 mile roadtrip).
Did you end up talking to that dealer?

You would have to be running so much neg camber to do that sort of wear the stance guys would be jealous. It was not camber. Its toe. They think you don't know what those words mean.

Did you end up getting an alignment to put everything where it needs to be? If you haven't you will just destroy whatever new tires you get. Make sure you get the before/after printout when you do.

I still haven't seen an alignment sheet... I know you said the 1st dealership didn't have one (some B.S. excuse about not having it) but what about the 2nd dealership? The place you got an alignment after the new tires.

I still haven't seen an alignment sheet... I know you said the 1st dealership didn't have one (some B.S. excuse about not having it) but what about the 2nd dealership? The place you got an alignment after the new tires.
I should probably clarify. 1st dealership (the one I bought the car from in GA) did an oil change and a tire rotation, not an alignment. The second dealership who I bought the tires from did an alignment but can't provide the sheet. Sorry for the confusion.

I went to the dealership today and spoke with the service manager. He said the tires aren't under warranty and he blamed it on a poor alignment and said that they wouldn't be able to do anything for me. Cool cool cool.

Back