Best Intake for Supercharger?

Go with the 1000s, there is really no downside other than some added cost.
I'm sure CTE kits are getting hard to find at this point...What aftercooler are you using?

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk
Found my CTE kit options on Procivic.com and Hardmotion, figures the 1000’s would be worth it in the long run. Currently looking at the merc racing after cooler kit since Vits site is shutdown or at least I haven’t been able to load it for weeks now, if there’s any other aftercooler options I’m open to referrals.
Edit: i did find a PRL kit on Hardmotion and it’s around $65 cheaper than Acuity but availability is the concern since they’re the only site with it listed.

I would message anyone for PRL parts in stock availability before ordering. It seems as if PRL isn't manufacturing some of the 9th stuff anymore. I looked for the battery relocation tray for like 6 weeks before giving up.

Sorry, should have been more specific. IMT makes a great aftercooler

Hahaha I gotcha now that was kinda the only thing on there that caught attention, I’ll definitely look into em. My only worry about the install is mainly finding someone to tune it, I heard Vit stopped doing flashes and there’s not many shops local to me and most people I’ve heard mention the few local shops have had bad experiences. Not to mention they’re all 1+ hour away and that scares me going from stock to supercharged even with a base map. Any NC guys on here??

Found my CTE kit options on Procivic.com and Hardmotion, figures the 1000’s would be worth it in the long run. Currently looking at the merc racing after cooler kit since Vits site is shutdown or at least I haven’t been able to load it for weeks now, if there’s any other aftercooler options I’m open to referrals.
Edit: i did find a PRL kit on Hardmotion and it’s around $65 cheaper than Acuity but availability is the concern since they’re the only site with it listed.
I would definitely talk to them, as I’d be surprised if either had ct kits available.
@procivic or @HARDmotion - you have ct kits?

Do you already have all but the SC on hand/ordered?

Do you already have all but the SC on hand/ordered?
Nope got everything in cart ready to go. Says everything’s in stock but I’ll message or call either site to confirm availability. Really wanted to go FBO first but after seeing everyone’s results might as well break down and spend the change. If the kits not in stock I’ll be scraping the idea until available and just go the FBO route for now

Does the SC you use change anything in the cart? Or is the kit basic all the same parts regardless of the SC it's paired with?

Does the SC you use change anything in the cart? Or is the kit basic all the same parts regardless of the SC it's paired with?
CT Engineering (CTE) only makes one supercharger for our cars.
They closed about a year ago so anything that vendors have would be overstock.
This is probably unlikely since most kits were made to order...mine took about 6 months to get delivered...

Last edited:

It was defined as a CTE supercharger kit and came with all parts plus SC included minus an aftercooler of course. Didn’t realize they had closed as mentioned above. Looks like I’m back to the drawing board if that is the case as I’ve only researched the one kit. Just checked procivic.com and yep sure enough it’s at the top of the product description which really saddens me.
Edit: Link to an “up-to-date” supercharger options thread would be soo loved, don’t want to go turbo as it just seems like too much maintenance for a daily.

CT Engineering (CTE) only makes one supercharger for our cars.
They closed about a year ago so anything that vendors have would be overstock.
This is probably unlikely since most kits were made to order...mine took about 6 months to get delivered...

Right, that was the purpose of my question. I didn't think there were any CTE kits left. So I was wondering if he'd have to rebuild the kit or if a different SC could be substituted. Sounds like the kit was specifically for the CTE?

It was defined as a CTE supercharger kit and came with all parts plus SC included minus an aftercooler of course. Didn’t realize they had closed as mentioned above. Looks like I’m back to the drawing board if that is the case as I’ve only researched the one kit. Just checked procivic.com and yep sure enough it’s at the top of the product description which really saddens me.
Edit: Link to an “up-to-date” supercharger options thread would be soo loved, don’t want to go turbo as it just seems like too much maintenance for a daily.

That's what I mostly was getting at. If CTE closed their doors it's likely the CTE would only be found used. The more and more I think about it if I go FI it will probably be SC. I'm interested in the Merc Racing kit. Looks like those are still currently being put together. Still have tons of research to do though.

I never understood this sentiment. What "maintenance" are you concerned about? The maintenance isnt any different than any other vehicle...just look at all the factory turbo cars out there. Far more turbo cars than SC cars on the roads every day.

I've heard this myself, but never understood what the difference in maintenance was either. I'm leaning toward SC for the more linear power.

Back