Big brake kit options?

@team3d - Do you know if anyone tried to fit an 8th gen caliper to the 9th gen knuckle? Just out of curiosity if the bracket holes line up. Wondering if the BBK setups are interchangeable and if so, the possibility that the TSX caliper/rotor upgrade might fit. I think it would since the TL-S brembos fit both the 8th and 9th gen with drilling the knuckle. Im unsure about rotor offsets though. Whether S2k rotors or TSX rotors would be necessary.

not sure, personally, unless the price is $200 cheaper than buddy club caliper kit, i will not wanna spend that kind of money to buy a part that might fit.

we have brembo gran turismo bbk, stoptech bbk, wilwood bbk, buddy club caliper kit..... i think it's plenty to choose from

Oh I was just curious about fitment. Just seeing how much playing around you guys might have done.

Red powdercoated tsx calipers and brackets are like $150 for a set of fronts. Autoanything/jcwhitney/carid and such. They are definitely remans. Nowhere near as nice as any bbk you guys carry but for track guys a cheap effective upgrade. No idea on 9th gen fitment though.

I wish I had bbk budget. I got plain tsx reman calipers for $40/each but I know they fit 8th gen.

Oh I was just curious about fitment. Just seeing how much playing around you guys might have done.

Red powdercoated tsx calipers and brackets are like $150 for a set of fronts. Autoanything/jcwhitney/carid and such. They are definitely remans. Nowhere near as nice as any bbk you guys carry but for track guys a cheap effective upgrade. No idea on 9th gen fitment though.

I wish I had bbk budget. I got plain tsx reman calipers for $40/each but I know they fit 8th gen.

yeah, but i don't think tsx calipers is an upgrade... you should go with v6 tsx calipers, it will be an upgrade, not the k24, honda usually use the same caliper size for the same engine displacement

Came across this old thread. @team3d Do you have any information on 6 pot BBK's that will fit our 9th gen Si's (aside from Wilwood)? Looking for prices, fitment, and color options.

Thanks @webby . I wasn't sure since I noticed @team3d had not been on in awhile and I could find no other websites pertaining to them outside of the Honda forums. It seems they had some of the best knowledge on BBK's for our 9th gen's, and I have been using some of this thread to put together caliper sets that I did not know about prior. Unfortunately, most of these are above and beyond any price a regular consumer would spend on a BBK (especially Brembo and Project Mu, coming in at $8000 and $5000 respectively). However, I have gotten some overly-positive feedback from Rotora, with basic pricing that already fits our 9th gens and the option to have them custom make me a 6 Pot kit for ~$3k. I will be posting the results of my search as I go in my thread, and only hoping for a response from Team3D here ;)

Also, thanks again @webby because the links you provided in my other thread lead me to this thread and to be able to research many more companies that make brakes for our cars than I initially thought.

Also if you guys are not in the know but the 2012 Accord V6 model comes with O.E.M 300mm front brake disk and bigger calipers that are a direct bolt on for the 9th gen Si. A great cost and effective way to upgrade your braking

It's almost the same caliper thats already on the car though. The caliper part numbers are the same other than the revision number. The ears on the pads are different shapes. It's also the same caliper that is on the 04-08 TSX. Just good pads and fluid should be enough to get a lot more brake out of the car.

It's almost the same caliper thats already on the car though. The caliper part numbers are the same other than the revision number. The ears on the pads are different shapes. It's also the same caliper that is on the 04-08 TSX. Just good pads and fluid should be enough to get a lot more brake out of the car.
I was going to ask about that. I can't imagine they make a larger floating caliper than what is already on the 9th Si, and even if they did I don't see a slightly larger floating caliper providing much more braking capability. However, it did remind me that I saw a debadged Acura (guessing TSX) a couple days ago with proper 4 piston calipers upfront that appeared to have come from the factory. I'd be curious if they fit our 9th gens as they would be the next step up short of a BBK. They appeared to be on 300mm rotors.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

Considering my rotor is 282mm vs 300mm that's just slightly over a inch. I'm sure the slight difference in the calipers is in the angle of the caliper itself ( because of the circumference is larger on the Accord Rotor ). Just tried to put on the 300mm on my Si and it won't clear the stock Si caliper.

Back