Black 2012 Si Sedan

Safe Gabe

San Francisco, CA
Vehicle Model
Civic Si
Body Style
Sedan
UPDATE 3/29/2018: The car is being parted out and sold in stock form. If anyone ever needs any tech info or help setting up their car for track, you can always email me at safegabe@gmail.com since I will probably not be checking this forum all that much anymore once the car is sold.

So this is my first new car ever. I've never owned a car brand new, so I'm actually going to wait a bit before I take it autocrossing or to the track. I've sold my old track car and my Miata as well, so this is now my only car. I'm having fun so far, so we'll see how the car fairs when its ready to be put through its paces.

2012:
8265383536_64c6611a9a_z.jpg

8264314539_575d90aeaf_z.jpg

Current (updated April 2017):
703_civic%20%281%29-L.jpg

Mods

Exterior:

Clear Bra

Engine:
Invidia Q300 Catback
HPS silicone intake tube

Interior:
FD2 CTR shift knob

Suspension:
Godspeed MonoRS coilvers
Ingalls front camber bolts
SPC Rear Camber Arms
19mm Eibach Rear Sway Bar
Front: -3.0* camber, 0 toe.
Rear: -2.5* camber, 0 toe

Brakes:
Hawk street/race pads front
Hawk HPS rears
Centric Blank front rotors
Centric blank rear rotors
Goodridge stainless steel brake lines
Motul RBF600 fluid

Wheels/tires:
17x9 +22et Front, 17x9 +35et Rear Enkei RPF1
255/40/17 Front, 225/45/17 Rear Zestino 07r 220 treadware

Personal Bests:
Mazda Raceway Laguna Seca:
01:53.74 on Advan Neova AD08R (staggered)
Thunderhill West (2.0mi): 01:33.71 on Zestino 07r (staggered)
Thunderhill East: 02:20.09 on Advan Neova AD08R (square setup)
Sears Point/Sonoma Raceway: 02:01.18 on Advan Neova AD08R (staggered)
Buttonwillow 13CW: 2:08:008 on Bridgestone RE71R (staggered), Competition time: 2:10:841 on Zestino 07r (staggered) Global Time Attack 2017, Round 2, Third Place Enthusiast FWD

Last edited:
how many miles do you have on it currently? Plans for it?

how many miles do you have on it currently? Plans for it?
drove it home with 16 miles on it on saturday...I'm at 250miles now.

i plan on keeping it simple -- suspension, wheels and tires. it'll serve as a daily driver while still being fun to drive, or the occasional auto-x/track day. still doing more searching on coils and wheel/tire setups

So this is my first new car ever. I've never owned a car brand new, so I'm actually going to wait a bit before I take it autocrossing or to the track. I've sold my old track car and my Miata as well, so this is now my only car. I'm having fun so far, so we'll see how the car fairs when its ready to be put through its paces.

8265383536_64c6611a9a_z.jpg

8264314539_575d90aeaf_z.jpg

Looks good Gabe! Heck you got a huge garage!

hahah thanks...it's my parents' place. we used to be able to fit 3 in there, but i've got a motor and other misc parts sitting in the far end. i should probably clean that up before they start making me pay rent for my room AND the garage

since this was my first new car, i decided i was going to take a little better care of it than my previous cars. a clear bra would probably be necessary considering what i plan on doing with the car.

i spent many years under the hoods of 80's volkswagens. my friend owns a clear bra and tint shop and is about to start doing a swap in his GTI, so in exchange for a clear bra on my car, i'd do the swap and hep him wire it up. i don't have a fancy pants camera anymore, so bare with me with the iphone pictures

8293696680_abc25b5e46_c.jpg

8292642225_796d83ca95_c.jpg

my friend's GTI
8293703388_b52ac9a16a_c.jpg

and in exchange for a clear bra...labeling wiring for a 16V swap!
8293703152_330df6873e_c.jpg

Can't wait til the car is broken in...hopefully I'll start doing some real work to the car by then :beer:

nice, we have the same car, what wheels do you plan on putting on this beast?
not too sure yet, been looking around more and more to get an idea of what will fit the car.

how much of your car did you wrap in clear bra?
front bumper, lower lip, 1/2 the hood, 1/4 of the fenders, and the mirrors. with black, you can sorta see the lines a little more, especially if you're looking really hard. kinda sucks cause its the color that needs it the most.

just bought this setup...i couldn't pass them up, especially with R1R's!
IMG_4310_zps60119623.jpg

IMG_4311_zps4016b57b.jpg

also, i haven't found anything definitive about TPMS and traction control...do you really lose the ability to turn off VSA if you do not have TPMS sensors in your wheels? there's tons of stuff via 8thgen, but a lot of conflicting reports. i figure i could mount this setup up and find out on my own, but i don't have any aftermarket lugs that will fit this setup at the moment.

That's a bummer. I guess I'll just do it right and get TPMS in this set and get them calibrated
if you don't plan on using your stock wheels again, you can just have the shop swap those sensors into the new wheels. they don't need to be calibrated or anything for the new wheels, as long as the new setup runs the same about the same psi. from my experience, i believe the range is around 25-40psi. anything above or below that and you'll get warnings about tire pressure.

TPMS ...... yet another reason to be in Canada .... what a pain in the butt ..... :( loving how wide those tires are. what is the size if you don't mind me asking?

Back