Black 2012 Si Sedan

Lucky dog, got to go racing at Laguna Seca! How awesome is that! Cool pictures too. Spun out on the corkscrew... legendary. hahahah

It's fun. The next trip is to Buttonwillow for some practicing. The aim is to run Global Time Attack in April, and hopefully Super Lap Battle in November. I'll be competing in my local organization (SpeedSF) through their challenge/time attack program as well.

It's going to be difficult because the class I want to run requires 220 treadware at best. My current setup is 180, so I'll be shopping in a less aggressive tire class. I'll have to re-learn the car essentially, but that's all part of the fun.

Mounted up my 17x9 +22 pair up front. She's almost ready for GTA, just gotta do my brakes and a fluid flush.

32891502841_c153b0ce6f_b.jpg

Did my brakes a while back, haven't taken it to the track to shake it down yet. This weekend though, I'll be at Thunderhill West.

Bunch of parts to be done today
32748582903_131307aed0_b.jpg

Front pads with the new pads on the left and the old ones on the right.

33522445486_7f020db4cd_b.jpg

32748580563_1a725046dc_b.jpg

Last edited:
Finally had a chance to shake down the car! It does great, although I am rubbing big time up front with the +22 setup. I also think its time to explore bolt ons for power. Went out to Thunderhill West and beat my old personal best by a solid 3 seconds. Not a bad day, there's more room to improve at this track. I didn't podium in the challenge that was running, but the competition is tough. Really trying to see where else I can improve to make a dent, especially on this track.

32917182663_111f00e9e4_b.jpg

32887863824_808feb5b3d_b.jpg

Always loved MR2's. I would love to pick up a 2nd or 3rd Gen and toss a K series in it
32887863394_e81e63036d_b.jpg

The car actually looks pretty menacing in this shot:
33574196932_f7f90e6647_b.jpg

32887860354_fe647424ab_b.jpg

I've also decided to update this thread and really make it more informative in my first post. I would like to be more active on here, but it's just hard to really commit time to updating a build thread when compared to a standard Instagram or Tumblr post. Either way, I'm going to do my best to keep this updated and offer advice to whoever needs it.

Nicely done shaving 3 seconds off! Nice shots of the car too!

Been putting this off for ages, but decided it was time to do it considering the trajectory of this project has greatly changed since I first purchased it. I wanted to properly install a front tow point since the one that our cars have is under the car. I've been looking at several solutions and ran across these:
5034975907_5c76be8a3d.jpg

IMG_0236.jpg

Went and did it. Hopefully I won't need to know if it is a good place to tow or not. I know the material is different from previous generation Hondas, but logically, it makes sense. If/when I go off course and am pulled from the front, I'll report back if this is a good place to do it from.

33805746185_ed724b69bb_b.jpg

33676403321_d4e5d46f4f_b.jpg

33805744665_cbce6422f8_b.jpg

33765311556_4183040268_b.jpg

Reactions: Nix
So...I podiumed yesterday at Global Time Attack. 3rd in Enthusiast FWD class. I missed the podium ceremony because I was packing up my car, but I got a bottle of champagne out of it. Hopefully next time, I can bring home a plaque/trophy. More photos to come when the coverage goes up. I only took a couple of photos, so hopefully there's some good photos of the car in action.

33690574330_dbbee438b3_b.jpg

Wow man! Congrats! That's awesome.

Have you been on that track before? How were your times?

Wow man! Congrats! That's awesome.

Have you been on that track before? How were your times?

I've never been on the track before. First session of the day, I ran a 2:20. My best lap of the day was during the end of session and I ran 2:10. The cars that beat me were a Fiesta ST and a Mazdaspeed3 who were from the area and this was their home course. Both had bolt ons and made more power than me, not that it's an excuse, but I'm sure there's some time left on the table because of my lack of power.

Last edited:
Official results were posted last night. My lap timer was off -- I ran a 2:10. I was 4 tenths of a second off of 2nd place! The guy was in a Mazdaspeed3 with big wing. Like the saying goes...

64349734.jpg

Update -- I just spent the last two weeks in the hospital and did a lot of thinking. I have decided that it will be time to sell this car to pursue building a time attack EK. I've always wanted to do this and have kept saying, "maybe in two years." Well, I realized that maybe there won't be a "two year from now." I'll be campaigning the car until the end of this time attack season, and will be parting it out shortly afterwards...at least that's the plan for now.

Update -- I just spent the last two weeks in the hospital and did a lot of thinking. I have decided that it will be time to sell this car to pursue building a time attack EK. I've always wanted to do this and have kept saying, "maybe in two years." Well, I realized that maybe there won't be a "two year from now." I'll be campaigning the car until the end of this time attack season, and will be parting it out shortly afterwards...at least that's the plan for now.
Wish you well and speedy recovery, buddy. 2 weeks in the hospital was some serious thing happened to you.
Yes, time is short. Do whatever you want to do so you won't regret it. But why don't you keep your Si and just buy the EK for another build?

You doing alright? Looking forward to your EK project man

Wish you well and speedy recovery, buddy. 2 weeks in the hospital was some serious thing happened to you.
Yes, time is short. Do whatever you want to do so you won't regret it. But why don't you keep your Si and just buy the EK for another build?

I could, but living in San Francisco doesn't really allow me the space that I'd like. My 9thgen lives in a shop space alongside my EF, and my CRZ is my daily driver. There's a lot to think about, but I'm going to finish out the Global Time Attack season and re-examine how I feel.

You doing alright? Looking forward to your EK project man

I'm better now. Had a health scare that was initially thought to be cancer. It's a lot to think about, but I'm out of the hospital now.

Man. My thoughts are with ya. Hope nothing but the best for u health wise.

Back