Black 2012 Si Sedan

Let us know how the rear roll ends up working out. On the 8th gen you could not roll the rears without creasing the body line. I had to cut/grind my wifes rear fenders to fit her wheels. Im really curious about the new civics. The fronts were no issue but the double layer bonded panel on the rears just would not roll properly.

Also why did you choose -1.5 for rear camber? Fitment? Or handling preference? I know less rear camber is generally going to give more rotation to fight the understeer tendencies of the civic. I set mine to -0.8 since the civic gains neg camber in the rear under load/cornering.

And the fronts at less than 1 degree? Explain! hahaha... no seriously I do want to know.

Im also going to tag you now since I really want to know both of these. @Safe Gabe

Let us know how the rear roll ends up working out. On the 8th gen you could not roll the rears without creasing the body line. I had to cut/grind my wifes rear fenders to fit her wheels. Im really curious about the new civics. The fronts were no issue but the double layer bonded panel on the rears just would not roll properly.

Also why did you choose -1.5 for rear camber? Fitment? Or handling preference? I know less rear camber is generally going to give more rotation to fight the understeer tendencies of the civic. I set mine to -0.8 since the civic gains neg camber in the rear under load/cornering.

And the fronts at less than 1 degree? Explain! hahaha... no seriously I do want to know.

Im also going to tag you now since I really want to know both of these. @Safe Gabe

So the rear was a real pain to roll. The fender itself already has an upturn, so you really have to make sure you heat it up properly or else it will chip the paint (as with any car, but I noticed it much more on this). The fronts are rubbing on the fender liner, so I'll be cutting the section that has shown signs of rub.

As for the camber -- I just did some reading and this is what I settled on. Stock rear camber on these cars, IIRC, is at about -1.5*. I figured -2.0* is a good compromise for daily driving and for aggressive driving. For the fronts, factory setting is 0*, and there is no change in camber upon compression/under cornering. To combat this, giving it some negative camber will help when it comes to grip. To be perfectly honest, these were the numbers where somewhat shots in the dark. The car feels great, so I guess I lucked out and won't have to try different settings.

A good place to look is actually on RedShift Motorsports. I've exchanged emails with Chris before and he's very helpful. Another good resource would be the 8thcivic forum's HPDE/Track thread, assuming you can sift through a lot of the BS.

Hope all of that helped!

Had time to do the fronts this morning with my friend before heading out to work later this afternoon. Decided to just cut up the fender liner instead of ripping it out.

11241898735_88a038b338_c.jpg

Here's where it was rubbing under hard cornering :vtec: --

11241900565_b022817bbf_c.jpg

11242012643_3d09dbf049_c.jpg

Cut the section that showed wear out, heated up the tab on the fender itself, then rolled it over by hand. Took it out for a quick drive and it seems to be alright now. I'm sure there are better ways to do this, but like I said earlier, I wanted to keep the liners.

Went down to Orange County for a show at the Chain Reaction and some tattoo work. I decided to take CA25 down instead of just the boring old I5. There was a stretch of about 2 hours where I didn't see another road. I went 101 to 25 to 198 then onto the 5. It was a great road -- lots of twisties and plenty of spots to go flat (if you want). I recommend it if you want a scenic route and have some time on your hands.

11392943706_6798af73be_b.jpg

11392935475_c8f468cdd5_b.jpg

11392950186_9949f6349b_b.jpg

11392944945_9579ebcbb8_b.jpg

11392951605_1f015665c1_b.jpg

11393093223_212f801e67_b.jpg

Very nice! Looks like I can defiantly deal with a 4 door myself. I keep having my mind set on the coupe, but the 4 door can still look sexy! Wheels is what makes the 4 door look so much better!

Skunk2 downpipe and Invidia Q300 catback:
11760663656_e679784c34_b.jpg

11760672226_d2c19b68fd_b.jpg

Ugh...I hate the orange peel on newer Hondas. It isn't so prevalent in some colors (my brother has a silver Civic), but in red (my mom's Fit) and on my car, it's obvious.

Skunk2 downpipe and Invidia Q300 catback:
11760663656_e679784c34_b.jpg

11760672226_d2c19b68fd_b.jpg

Ugh...I hate the orange peel on newer Hondas. It isn't so prevalent in some colors (my brother has a silver Civic), but in red (my mom's Fit) and on my car, it's obvious.

Looks good man, my taffeta white got orange peel as well smh. You should get stiffer exhaust mounts for the q300 to prevent the muffler hitting the chassis. Also, can you make a vid of the exhaust? Maybe couple of revs and a fly by? :D

looks good.... do you happen to own a buffer?

Looks good man, my taffeta white got orange peel as well smh. You should get stiffer exhaust mounts for the q300 to prevent the muffler hitting the chassis. Also, can you make a vid of the exhaust? Maybe couple of revs and a fly by? :D
Yeah I'm having that issue right now. I'll take a vid when I get the chance!

looks good.... do you happen to own a buffer?
I do. Just have to find time to do some paint correction. It bugs me but I guess not enough to make time to do it

Wait for spring to come. One nice cleanup when the weather gets nice.

thanks bro! check my build for the exhaust mount and modification that I did to make it work. You can also message the seller on ebay and get that mount specifically for cheaper

Back