Black Metal Anyone??

Nix

Jötunn Moderator
VIP Member
Lew-vul, KY
Body Style
It's A Fast Pig!
Anyone? Black metal????

Well I guess Ill just start posting links to music and maybe it'll hook someone. It's definitely not mainstream even in the metal crowd.

Last edited:
Rotting Christ - Sanctus Diavolos (2004)

Great album. Met these guys and saw them play twice in a couple days. Cool dudes for sure, chilling out in Johnny Rockets with Rotting Christ. Unbelievable. Music is fantastic. They are from Greece.

I guess I should start at the beginnings. There is TRVE and then there is everything else. I'm a huuge Mayhem fan. Also... chilled with Mayhem for a few days this past December. Nice dudes despite the "reputation."

Mayhem - Deathcrush

Last edited:
Immortal. The pinnacle of black metal IMO. Also they make fun of a lot of their old videos in this one.

Kampfar.

Oh right had a beach party with Kampfar too..

pc050320.jpg

The best performance of Freezing Moon ever has to be on the deck of an ocean liner, with a full moon illuminating the stage.....
Then the next morning we drank pina coladas on the beach with Necrobutcher and talked motorcycles and how our dad imports them illegally to Europe....

pc050319.jpg

Last edited:
A great version of freezing moon where you can hear how it really should be. These bands are so fantastic live.

A better version without the spanish subtitulos...

Maniac on vocals. Blasphemer on Guitar, Hellhammer on Drums, and the true rockstar of the band on bass Necrobutcher...

Everything Here Is So Cold
Everything Here Is So Dark
I Remember It As From A Dream
In The Corner Of This Time
Diabolic Shapes Float By
Out From The Dark
I Remember It Was Here I Died
By Following The Freezing Moon
It's Night Again, Night You Beautiful
I Please My Hunger, On Living Humans
Night Of Hunger Follow It's Call
Follow The Freezing Moon
Darkness Is Growing, Eternity Opens
The Cememtary Lights Up Again
As In Ancient Times
Fallen Souls Die Behind My Steps
By Following The Freezing Moon

More "accessible" blackened metal...

Band: I
Side project of Immortal frontman Abbath
This song makes me drive fast.... especially the part from 1:20 on. I love to floor it at 1:26...hahahah. 2:55 to the end also...

As raw as it gets. The most evil. The church burner. The murderer.

Burzum.

Varg Vikernes.

Filosofem.

Where i'll be for the next hour. Lost in whiskey and a sonic wall. True atmospheric black metal.

1349 - Hellfire (full album)

A fantastically raw sounding TRUE SOUND black metal band. Their drummer Frost is one of my favorites. He's got to be one of the best drummers in the world. Insane speed and skills.

I discovered them fairly recently and I really like it!

Lead singer came out like that ↓ and the first song was pretty unintelligible. Of course, I was like "oh, this is going to be a crappy opener." Boy was I wrong. The rest of the set was awesome! The whole band was SUPER friendly with the fans, too. Pictures, autographs, chit-chat, etc.

Lead singer came out like that ↓ and the first song was pretty unintelligible. Of course, I was like "oh, this is going to be a crappy opener." Boy was I wrong. The rest of the set was awesome! The whole band was SUPER friendly with the fans, too. Pictures, autographs, chit-chat, etc.

That's pretty cool... were they all costumed up or just the lead singer?
I really hope whatever they do for their next album is as awesome as The Black Waltz. The album seems to have a little bit of everything. Some of their songs are very mainstream almost pop-rock sounding but others are a lot heavier. I could see them actually getting softer in the future to get radio play.

That's pretty cool... were they all costumed up or just the lead singer?
I really hope whatever they do for their next album is as awesome as The Black Waltz. The album seems to have a little bit of everything. Some of their songs are very mainstream almost pop-rock sounding but others are a lot heavier. I could see them actually getting softer in the future to get radio play.

Just the lead singer. He eventually sheds the leather and looks like the pics below. He has got to be every bit of 6'6", btw.

Reactions: Nix
Back