Bluetooth Audio Lag?

Phaheem

Southern CA
Vehicle Model
'13 Civic Si
Body Style
Sedan
There's a considerable lag when streaming audio over Bluetooth. When watching Netflix, the audio is at least 3 seconds behind the video. When texting, it takes the same amount of time for the clicks to sound through the speakers. Even playing music, if I press pause on my phone, the music won't actually pause until a few seconds later.

But when my iPhone (5) is plugged in via USB cable, everything is in sync. With my previous [Sony] aftermarket head unit in my '96 Civic, the Bluetooth audio streaming was perfectly in sync and never lagged.

Maybe Honda needs to post a firmware update? Anyone else experience this?

I've seen the complaint before on the 9th civics. Crv owners have brought this problem up as well. They complain of like 2-3 second delays.

Yeah, I noticed it when I was trying to watch movies I have in my Iphone 5 through the
Sound system Lol. I just thought all bluetooth devices had a delay. Huh, maybe Honda will
Fix it.

Yeah, I noticed it when I was trying to watch movies I have in my Iphone 5 through the
Sound system Lol. I just thought all bluetooth devices had a delay. Huh, maybe Honda will
Fix it.
Same here. Been my experience with all cars via Bluetooth. Sounds normal to me.

Same here. Been my experience with all cars via Bluetooth. Sounds normal to me.
Yeah...but...the fact that my aftermarket head unit with Bluetooth audio in my '96 Civic had no lag whatsoever, makes it kinda sh!tty that the "premium" sound systems in our 2013 cars do...

Hopefully it's something that can be fixed via firmware update by Honda...

Man I thought I was the only one with this problem! The audio works just fine for me but whenever I want to skip tracks, it takes a good 5 seconds for the phone to change songs. Here I was thinking it was my android phone

Last edited:
I have this problem as well. It's not just a bluetooth thing, as other cars I've tested have excellent connection and response speeds. Hopefully Honda will address this issue.

This has been a problem with their cars since at least 2012 and continues to 2014. Maybe it's time for a class action suit?

Same here. I gave up on watching movies or video through Bluetooth in my car.

It all depends on the car and phone combos you use. Some work perfectly, some not at all. Then there's everything in between. That's the nature of Bluetooth. Mainly depends on which Bluetooth version each device used and what bit rate they negotiate down to. If you want a perfect connection use your aux cable.

Back