Bluetooth Choppiness/Whining, Voice Commands Not Recognized? We Found The Cause

siracergrl

NJ
Vehicle Model
Civic Type R
Body Style
4-Door Hatch
I hate calling my husband when he has the car because every time we talk the call is consumed by electrical interference, or choppiness. It isn't due to lack of signal, wind noise, cabin noise etc. This is caused by a faulty microphone in the car. This will also cause voice commands not being recognized. This is intermittent for most but for my husband it is a persistent thing. In order to prove this to your service advisor at Honda, record a speed dial tag and when you are at the dealership presenting the problem, just try to delete the tag and it will play back the noise from the mic. This works on both Navi and non-Navi models. Good luck to all who have the issue! Hope this helps. Thanks to our friend Tony (a.ultimo) for this tip.

===
resolution:
my dealership was simple. I brought the car in, no appointment they asked what I was there for and I told them the mic is messed up and I told them I could prove it so I did. They never took the car. They ordered the part that day and the car was fixed within hours once I brought the car back.

It's annoying as hell but for some reason it only happens to him not me. (The car likes me better lol)

Lady in red
whistling.gif

Just got back from Metro Honda. They ordered the new mic for me and will call me back when they get the part in so they can fix the car. No run arounds no issues just excellent service!

Did you get a replacement, and did it fix the issue?

Gahhh the mics are on back order:banghead: Guess this means more people are having this issue than just Tony and I

Yeah and I know it will get done right

Is it thought to be every one, or just a small bad batch? Or maybe no way of knowing

I know mine isn't recognizing voice commands... I just assumed I was doing something wrong :oops:

But maybe it wasn't me after all?

Back