Bluetooth HandsFreeLink issues?

Thanks for the link it didn't give me the solution but did confirm that the info should pass through Bluetooth. However, thinking troubleshooting 101, I tried deleting my device from the Bluetooth devices and reconnect it. Success! So if anyone out there is having the same problem, just delete your device and try again.

Thanks for the link it didn't give me the solution but did confirm that the info should pass through Bluetooth. However, thinking troubleshooting 101, I tried deleting my device from the Bluetooth devices and reconnect it. Success! So if anyone out there is having the same problem, just delete your device and try again.

Is this still working for you?
I have a 2014 Civic EX-L and deleting/re-pairing the phone did not help.

Thanks,

Mitch

Hey Mitch. What issue are you having? Is it just the music info that isn't working? Do the other Handsfreelink features work?

Actually I'm still having the issue. Deleting and repairing worked at first but the next time I got in it was gone again. There seems to be some issue if my phone is locked. I'm trying to figure out the root cause. In the meantime I'm using my USB cord. If anyone else has experienced this issue please let us know

Yes, everything else Bluetoothy appears to work - music streams, calls are made and received - just the music info (song title, artist) doesn't show up.
I was able to get it to show up by turning off bluetooth on my phone, killing the music app and the enabling bluetooth and then starting the music app. But I don't know if it's reproducible.
FWIW, the same phone and app(s) work fine on my wife's 2013 CR-V.
So, it appears to be a bug in the new fancy-pants audio system in the 2014 Civic.

Thanks,

Mitch

It could be something glitchy in the '14s. Unfortunately until a few more show up in the forums the first of you will be the pioneers. If re-pairing doesn't work and the functionality is listed on the Handfreelink site, you may need to see how much help your dealer will be or even the Handfreelink support number in the manual.

What type of phone is it?

The problem I just started having is that if I call out, BT works fine. If I recieve a call, I answer it, then it turns off the speakers and I cant hear anything. I can turn on the speaker phone and then back to handsfree and sometimes it will work, but not always. So I hang up and call the person back and it works fine. Guess I need to take it in to the dealership. Oh and this is a 2012 SI if it matters.

Mitch sounds like you have the exact same issue as me. I'm gonna give the hands free guys a shout and see what they have to say.
I'll post anything is find our here

While waiting for a new visor for her CR-V, my wife asked about the BT issue.
The guy at the dealer indicated it is a known bug and they are waiting for a software update.

Hello all... This is my first time posting here on 9thcivic forum's, but I just finished reading this thread and saw that you were looking for more 2014 Civic's to become more active. I will try to help out in any way I can. I picked up my 2014 Civic last February. Let me know if I can be of any assistance (or try to be of some assistance).

2014 Honda Civic EX-L White
iPhone 5S w/ iOS 7.1 + Honda Link Navigation App for iPhone
Accessories: Wheel Locks, Splash Gaurds, All Season Floor Mats, Cargo Net, Trunk Tray, Door Sill Trim Illumination, Interior Illumination Blue LED

I figured it out. I may look a bit dumb with the problem/solution but here goes.....

Apparently when you have the message app open on your phone and you receive a text, it does not display on the car's system. If you close the message app and a new message comes in, it displays on the car as it should. Of course when I was troubleshooting, I had the app open the whole time. Ugh!

So, to answer the original question, ios 7.1 works exactly the same as the previous version. Handsfreelink still won't let you reply to messages through the system.
so, i just bought a new 2014 Civic EX w/NAV and have been having some of the same issues everyone else is. my biggest issue is the fact that my salesman told me that the car is supposed to read my texts to me and i should be able to respond with one of three messages, like "driving, ttyl" and stuff like that. however i have not yet been able to get it to actually do that so i stared searching forums like this. for the record, i am using a iPhone 5c with iOS 7.1.1 and even have the HDMI patch cable kit that i bought direct from the dealer. i have tried with the app open, closed, BT, HDMI, and everything else i can think of. so when i read this post i thought "OMG! salvation at last!" but it seems that i have come to yet another dead end. UNLESS of course anyone has come up with a solution since this thread died. so how about it? is it the phone or the car and how do we fix it? BTW... i had one of the techs at the dealership pair up his android and it worked perfectly. and if it matters i am a Computer and Electronics Engineering Tech myself AND I STILL CANT FIGURE THIS THING OUT! LOL

Last edited:
got a blackberry q10 everything works perfect again! Song info and all! Everything works great! So happy to have upgraded from that pos iphone 5 lol

so, i just bought a new 2014 Civic EX w/NAV and have been having some of the same issues everyone else is. my biggest issue is the fact that my salesman told me that the car is supposed to read my texts to me and i should be able to respond with one of three messages, like "driving, ttyl" and stuff like that. however i have not yet been able to get it to actually do that so i stared searching forums like this. for the record, i am using a iPhone 5c with iOS 7.1.1 and even have the HDMI patch cable kit that i bought direct from the dealer. i have tried with the app open, closed, BT, HDMI, and everything else i can think of. so when i read this post i thought "OMG! salvation at last!" but it seems that i have come to yet another dead end. UNLESS of course anyone has come up with a solution since this thread died. so how about it? is it the phone or the car and how do we fix it? BTW... i had one of the techs at the dealership pair up his android and it worked perfectly. and if it matters i am a Computer and Electronics Engineering Tech myself AND I STILL CANT FIGURE THIS THING OUT! LOL

No you cannot reply on the iPhone. This has been discuss many times. http://honda.ca/bluetooth/find-a-phone gives compatibility info for many phones. The car will read the text as long as you have notifications enable within the bluetooth settings but you cannot respond.

Back