Bobo's Blue Bomber

Well, the Opel headlights seem to need a control system which would require servos (im guessing) to move the bulbs. I wish there's a wiring diagram on how the LEDs for the Acura are connected.

Last edited:
I know the accord leds are theoretically retroable, people put them on their non touring accord sedans, and they are just a feed +12v and they light up. At around 230 a side they are pretty cheap as far as led headlights go too

You're talking solely about the low beams, right?

I think a retro would be good with those twin beams. You just gave me a good idea. :D

Well you know my current desires, so my personal set may be available in the near future, another nearly identical set will be available this summer as the friend i built them for is looking to upgrade to a Mazda 6

What's the ball park price on these when they may/may not hit the market in the future? :hiding: :popcorn:

if you gather parts i would be willing to make a trip down and build the blue bomber a set as well

You sir, are a truly generous king amongst men. Sadly I've been out of work since 10-31-12 and money for fun things like retros don't exist at the moment. Honestly I shouldn't even be spending the money for gas to do the mega day trip to the Dragon on Sun. :sadface:

the complex arrays have the advantage of being able to do fancy things like this

Those are absolutely awesome! I love how it can illuminate the extreme edge of the road. I'm always paranoid about deer, and with my cruddy night vision those headlights would be a blessing. They remind me of a modern take on what Tucker intended for the Torpedo's center headlight that would turn with the steering. :thumbsup:

TuckerSedan.jpg

You're talking solely about the low beams, right?
I think a retro would be good with those twin beams. You just gave me a good idea. :D

yea the accord leds are low beam only, ive been waiting till i get paid to buy a side and take it apart and see what i can do, but the moneys delayed
What's the ball park price on these when they may/may not hit the market in the future? :hiding: :popcorn:

You sir, are a truly generous king amongst men. Sadly I've been out of work since 10-31-12 and money for fun things like retros don't exist at the moment. Honestly I shouldn't even be spending the money for gas to do the mega day trip to the Dragon on Sun. :sadface:

Those are absolutely awesome! I love how it can illuminate the extreme edge of the road. I'm always paranoid about deer, and with my cruddy night vision those headlights would be a blessing. They remind me of a modern take on what Tucker intended for the Torpedo's center headlight that would turn with the steering. :thumbsup:

yea its a interesting design, the night i put my current set on the car i went for a drive and the light spread was so much better than my previous tsx setup. saved my *** from a running deer in rural md.

Dunno about the price yet, id definitely give you a deal on them. I know the feeling about the lack of money, ive been working without pay since Sep/Oct, and without a formal signed contract the promises that money will be coming soon isnt entirely comforting.

Last edited:
So you can stop working because there's no formal signed contract that you should.

its a complicated situation, theres potential for them to fund my future grad work, its a good group and in fact the only group of its kind doing this sort of work, also the work im doing now also supports my masters thesis, ceasing to work until i get paid screws me over as much as it inconveniences them

its a complicated situation, theres potential for them to fund my future grad work, its a good group and in fact the only group of its kind doing this sort of work, also the work im doing now also supports my masters thesis, ceasing to work until i get paid screws me over as much as it inconveniences them

:pray: I'll keep my fingers crossed that your pay comes soon. I know it's a weird situation, but can't you politely say, "I hate to be a nuisance, but is there any reason I haven't been paid since Sept? I thought that I was doing a good job, and thought you were happy with my work?" :giggle:

federally funded study, university bureaucracy, the university has the money from the sponsor i think, they just are dragging their heels now getting the contract written up and bounced back around all the interested parties

federally funded study, university bureaucracy, the university has the money from the sponsor i think, they just are dragging their heels now getting the contract written up and bounced back around all the interested parties

Ooooooooof course it is. :pat:

Back