Install time 30 minutes

Step 1: Gather all tools for DIY
List of tools-
1. Ratchet
2. 17mm socket
3. torque wrench
4. Breaker bar
5. Jack and jackstands
Recommend wearing any sorts of hand protection to prevent any sorts of pinch points.
Jack the car slowly and be sure to put jack stands underneath car
Step 2: loosen the top 17mm bolt that's screwed onto the frame. I recommend using a breaker bar to crack it loose then a speed wrench for easy unbolting.
image.jpg

Step 3: loosen the 2 other screws bolted to the outriggers of the bushing. I recommend using a breaker bar to crack it loose then a speed wrench for easy unbolting.image.jpg

Step 4: wiggle the motor mount out. It should come out fairly easy
image.jpg

Step 5: slide the new mount in and screw all the bolts back in place hand tightimage.jpg

Step 6: gather the torque wrench and 17mm socket and torque to 65 ft lb. as I read from another DIY he didn't have torque specs he used 62-69 so I used 65.

Then your all done hope this helps it's very similar to the hasport rear mount besides the back plate this boomba mount uses the oem plate. Here's a comparison from the oem to aftermarket boomba mountimage.jpg

Huge thanks to @Nix for the awesome trade. Thanks man

After I took the car for a spin the car does have very noticeable vibrations nothing that bothers me. It has a race car feel inside and has hardly any play on the motor when the car goes. Less wheel hop but will do further testing when I track the car next week. Over all an awesome upgrade if you don't mind the vibrations.

Nice DIY. The rear lower mount seems easier to install on the 9thgens compared to the 8thgens. I had to move my engine around using a jack to wiggle the old mount out and wiggle the new mount in.

Nice DIY. The rear lower mount seems easier to install on the 9thgens compared to the 8thgens. I had to move my engine around using a jack to wiggle the old mount out and wiggle the new mount in.
It's probably a lot easier with the weather being cold as well making the bushing really hard.

Sweet! I'm glad you like it man!

I think I got the better end of this trade, that BBQ sauce and the beef jerky are awesome! I rushed the install on the jerky though and got a stomach ache. hahaha

Edit: I did some further testing and it reduced the play on my engine when I took it to the track it broke in and vibrations decreased significantly. Wheel hop was still there but was less I had really hard time learning how to control my 60 foot from previously. I only got to do 4 passes which all sucked. My best 60' was 2.4 and I got 15.2 @94. I'm a horrible driver. I know I could've got a better time than before before mount I got 15.3 @89 with a 2.2 60 ft. The track was also prepped like crap really wet and couldn't get around it much. But I do recommend the mount if you plan on tracking. Nice easy upgrade

Reactions: Nix
Edit: I did some further testing and it reduced the play on my engine when I took it to the track it broke in and vibrations decreased significantly. Wheel hop was still there but was less I had really hard time learning how to control my 60 foot from previously. I only got to do 4 passes which all sucked. My best 60' was 2.4 and I got 15.2 @94. I'm a horrible driver. I know I could've got a better time than before before mount I got 15.3 @89 with a 2.2 60 ft. The track was also prepped like crap really wet and couldn't get around it much. But I do recommend the mount if you plan on tracking. Nice easy upgrade
Are you modded?

I think the boombas are a bit harder at an 80a durometer. They don't really specify on their website but I have seen their reps mention the 80 number before. It's supposed to be tolerable for everyday use while still much stiffer than the stock mount.

I think the boombas are a bit softer at an 80a durometer. They don't really specify on their website but I have seen their reps mention the 80 number before. It's supposed to make it more tolerable for everyday use while still much stiffer than the stock mount.
Yeah the 70a from hasport is really not bad at all. Barely the vibration I was expecting

Ooooh I'm looking at the hasport mount 70a durometer as well. I'm actually worried that the 70a might be slightly soft. I had a 70a front GGP motor mount in my tC2 and was thinking about using the 80ish insert it came with.

Ooooh I'm looking at the hasport mount 70a durometer as well. I'm actually worried that the 70a might be slightly soft. I had a 70a front GGP motor mount in my tC2 and was thinking about using the 80ish insert it came with.
Talk to @Kevv_Si I think he got the 70a or stiffer to get feedback. My boomba mount feels great man and I'm fully bolt on now as well.

Back