Boosted 8th switching over to the 9th

Discussion in 'Build Threads' started by ripply, Nov 29, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ripply

ripply Well-Known Member

OMG now I remember this car. Very nice and clean! I had no idea it was boosted thoug!!

You'll get your fb6 to look as good if not even better. It's a bummer to start from the bottom again, but building another car to your own personal liking is very satisfying at the end because not many people have that look/idea. Its a big reason of why I left the 8th community as well.

Khaleesi likes this.
  2. webby
    • Staff
    • 2018 Toys For Tots

webby Administrator

you know any of the specs for the wheels you picked up?

3. ripply

ripply Well-Known Member

I sure do now. They are 17x7 +43 MB Weapons

4. Khaleesi

Khaleesi Well-Known Member

Vehicle Model:
    Civic Si
    Body Style:
    Sedan
    Thanks! And couldn't agree more. Thinking I will keep the Hot Pink color. That's how people knew me. Lmao

5. ripply

ripply Well-Known Member

Well a little update. I went ahead and placed an order for the hot side of my turbo kit. Cut a deal on manifold, downpipe, dump tube with makspeed. Should be getting it sometime next week :turbospin:

Last edited: Jan 29, 2015
  6. ripply

ripply Well-Known Member

Well here are the last of the major boost goodies. Thinking of ordering a full HFP lip kit next :think:
    [​IMG]

ErckleSi likes this.
  7. 13whitesisedan

13whitesisedan Well-Known Member

Vehicle Model:
    2007 civic si
    Body Style:
    sedan
  8. ripply

ripply Well-Known Member

Got some meats today 18x9.75+20. Only $300 for wheels and brand new tires lol

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Nix likes this.
  9. BlakeFG3

BlakeFG3 Member

Vehicle Model:
    Civic
    Body Style:
    Coupe
    what size are the tires?

10. ripply

ripply Well-Known Member

The tires on the wheel are 225/45/18. I'll be taking them off and putting 245/40 instead

11. FG3_Lou

FG3_Lou Well-Known Member

Vehicle Model:
    Civic
    Body Style:
    Coupe
    18x9.75 +20?? I like the aggressiveness, I personally just bought 17x10 +20 for the rear and 17x9 +20 for my front..should be fun to fit the rear :bananasplit:

12. ripply

ripply Well-Known Member

Let me know how you are able to fit them. And how it looks. I still haven't put mine on the car because I need lug nuts and beefier tires. 225/45 is not an appropriate size for that wide of a wheel.

13. FG3_Lou

Vehicle Model:
    Civic
    Body Style:
    Coupe
    I will do, I am running a 205/40 on the 17x9 and stepped it up to a 215/40 for the 17x10...Rear is the easiest to fit with some stretched tires and some camber around -5...but didn't want to run x10 in the front due to the lack of ability to turn without worrying about ripping my fenders apart lol

14. ripply

ripply Well-Known Member

See I thought the rear will be harder to fit :/. I just got new tires for them. Waiting on the luch nuts to arive and then I will be putting them on the car. Hopefully I don't have to do much. I think the majority of the wheel gap will be gone though

15. Nix

Nix Jötunn Moderator

Body Style:
    It's A Fast Pig!
    Are those enkei center caps on XXR wheels? sneaky.... hahaha

Dar-Dar likes this.
  16. ripply

ripply Well-Known Member

You bet :facepalm:

17. Nix

Nix Jötunn Moderator

Body Style:
    It's A Fast Pig!
    hahaha the xxr "barrel" centers are super ugly on those though. I don't blame you for running different ones. Plus, I know you got them used so the other guy probably did it. hahaha

18. FG3_Lou

Vehicle Model:
    Civic
    Body Style:
    Coupe
    I've seen someone on here run a 17x10 +18 and they said it fit perfect on a wider tire, so my 215/40 should be good, right now I am on stock 16s with the stock tires which are 205/55r16s and I have about 1 finger gap in the front and 2 in the rear, hoping to have a wheel lip to fender when i throw the 17s on

Attached Files:

19. ripply

ripply Well-Known Member

:brock::thumb:
    I was hoping the stock center caps would fit, but it appears they are slightly bigger :sadbanana:. Looks like I have to make my own or buy the xxr center caps.

I think with the 215/40 and a drop you will be fine. Here's how my car looks with 245/40's. I'm thinking of keeping it this height and just adding maybe -1* camber up front and maybe -2* in the rear so I can tuck the wheels in.

Speaking of camber.. Anyone know the max camber I can get from the stock suspension?
    That rear end poke though :brock:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

NoMoreNissans likes this.
  20. webby
    • Staff
    • 2018 Toys For Tots

webby Administrator

stock suspension doesn't have camber adjustments. You need camber bolts up front and camber arms in the rear to adjust it.

FG3_Lou likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.