Boosted 8th switching over to the 9th

Status
Not open for further replies.
Front and rear camber kits are definitely needed there.

Did you use camber kits on your 8th? It looks like your 527s have much lower offset than the set on your previous car.

:brock::thumb:

I was hoping the stock center caps would fit, but it appears they are slightly bigger :sadbanana:. Looks like I have to make my own or buy the xxr center caps.

I think with the 215/40 and a drop you will be fine. Here's how my car looks with 245/40's. I'm thinking of keeping it this height and just adding maybe -1* camber up front and maybe -2* in the rear so I can tuck the wheels in.

Speaking of camber.. Anyone know the max camber I can get from the stock suspension?
That rear end poke though :brock:
0D85CFD9-DB02-4E99-8827-2AB9D7517086_zpsupqudboa.jpg

4EE461AD-FC81-49E2-9831-4A73AF6973E6_zpshgyhtqrz.jpg

setup looks good, and I should be getting wheels and tires mounted this week but have to get my fenders rolled/pulled

Did you use camber kits on your 8th? It looks like your 527s have much lower offset than the set on your previous car.

My 527's on the 8th were 17x8.25 +37. So slightly smaller.
I had cheap megan camber arms and ran -1.5 in the rear to tuck the wheels in so they wouldn't rub. Without any camber, the edge of the tire was right on the outside edge of my quarter panel so it rubbed quite badly on hard dips or with passengers

Gonna find out what this car makes bone stock tomorrow at the Mid-Atl 8thgen dyno day. Kinda pumped since I'll have a baseline dyno and know where I started from

Haha everyone that has seen this pic has asked me that. No it's not :giggle:. I have two jackstands under the car and the jack supporting the car. The car is not touching the wheel at all. I just like to throw it under like that as another safety precaution incase my jackstands slip or break

Haha everyone that has seen this pic has asked me that. No it's not :giggle:. I have two jackstands under the car and the jack supporting the car. The car is not touching the wheel at all. I just like to throw it under like that as another safety precaution incase my jackstands slip or break

I do the same thing, but I usually have jackstands at all four point along the side skirts.

Well I see my question was just answered as well! hahaha. I was like OMGITSRESTINGONTHEWHEEL! But, I do the same thing. Stick one under there just in case.

I bought the entire kit, but only the front lip was in the local warehouse. Everything else is coming from California :sadbanana:. Debating whether or not I should order the side molding for the door :think:

Did you conctact College Hills Honda? They should have the entire kit in stock and their shipping is very fast.

I went through my local honda dealership. They price matched majestic honda and everything came out to $952

But the HFP side skirts are so nice! Especially compared to the other options out there

I went back on forth for the longest time debating, but, ultimately, I plan on keeping the car for the long term and don't really want to deal with potential consequences of age and the way they are installed. I do like how they make the car sit lower, but I also don't like the additional lines that result from installing the rear lip and the rear lip would have to be installed if the sides are installed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back