Boosted 8th switching over to the 9th

Status
Not open for further replies.
I went back on forth for the longest time debating, but, ultimately, I plan on keeping the car for the long term and don't really want to deal with potential consequences of age and the way they are installed. I do like how they make the car sit lower, but I also don't like the additional lines that result from installing the rear lip and the rear lip would have to be installed if the sides are installed.
I like they way it looks without the rears. I would only consider the rear kit if I swapped to a '14 rear bumper which looks better than our 12s and 13s. What worried you about the installation?

A full HFP kit costs as much as a set of Enkei RPF1s.
c9lb4l.jpg

I like they way it looks without the rears. I would only consider the rear kit if I swapped to a '14 rear bumper which looks better than our 12s and 13s. What worried you about the installation?

The newer bumper is hideous to me. Ruins the sleekness by adding too much stuff. The hooks to hold the skirt in place are held in place themselves by tape. I am concerned about the tape wearing out over time and if there was ever an accident of some sort in the future and dealing with replacing them. Not worth the potential headache to me.

There are some carbon fiber sideskirts/splitter that I do like. I can't find a pic though. Issue with that is how to get it to look right/match with the rest of the car as I am not a huge fan of carbon fiber.

More than how much you bought your wheels.

Yep! But hey, it comes color matched and will fit right. Trust me. In addition to my concerns stated above, money was a factor as well. In the end, the go fast parts won. Although, I got the front kit because I like the aggressiveness of it. It really changes the car in my opinion.

If you're paying anywhere near 1600 for rpf1 rims then I have a bunch of stuff to sell you! Pretty sure they can be had for half that....
I was refering to a different set of wheels. RPF1s can be had for under $900 new nowadays.

I would be fine with just the front and back HFP lips, but I'm getting the sides to complete the kit and to hide that ugly bug/tar protector on the side of the car :deadhorse:.

But no joke for being a bunch of plastic, the kit is very expensive. It does add value to the car when I decide to sell or trade it in later on though

Last edited:
I only have the front and do not intend to get the others. You have a problem with that? :box:

Yes I do have a problem.:box::hiding: I was going to get the entire kit for my car, but it's too much money. Plus the side skirts reminds me of Wings West /Bomex stuff. :thumbsdown:

For anyone installing the front lip beware.. The hole that's marked to be drilled at the front does not match up correctly. Drill the two side ones and then take a marker and mark where the hole is supposed to be. I learned this the hard way doing my passenger side. As a result my bumper has an extra hole drilled. Luckily the lip hides it

Not bad at all for being pretty much stock. Cecil is a fast track though.. My friends all motor (bolt ons/cams) 8thgen ran 13.7 all night long and there was an all motor rsx on slicks running 12.99-13.1 consistently.

Some changes? Hahahah, man that looks to be a very very serious change!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back