Borla Cat-back

So I saw that this system is available for sale, but the pictures of it only show one muffler in the middle section of the exhaust. Wondering if they've changed the sound. Also, not keen on an exhaust where you don't see the muffler.

2.5 is good for N/A cars but if you plan to go F/I later on then this exaust is not for you F/I needs bigger diameter pipes 3'' and up depending on how much your boosting to release the back pressure faster out the rear end if you go smaller it can cause problems like popping at high revs which is not good and /or blowby which is not good either and you'll have to run lower psi because the exaust cant handle it ....

i went 2.5 when i had my teggy turboed and wasent good for the setup then changed to 3'' and the car ran like a freakin beast after that ...some say oh its only a half inch well take that half inch and times it to the lenth of the exaust and its alot trust me .

if you plan on going F/I later just save up for a 3'' or above because trust me you'll thnk yourself in the end
you just need patients thats key.

Last edited:
The beta tester for the s/c kit is running this exhaust and is making 338 hp...I asked vit about it and he said any problem stems from the downpipe design. I can show you the post.

right but at how many lbs of boost ??? like i said its all on the aplication i was running a dual stage boost controller so 8 lbs all day but when i slammed on that gas at high rpms it gave out 16 lbs of boost ....

now on s/c kit what happens if you want more boost ?
you gotta chnge the pully and remap the hondata for higher boost which changes the fuel and intake maps which causes a bigger bang in the engine which mean the motor needs to realease more exaust faster ...

not saying you are wrong bro but there are alot of factors to going F/I then N/A

and trust me when you make an already fast car faster ......eventually you wanna go faster than that ! lol
its inevivatible...

I don't disagree. I'm just saying, vit, who tuned the car said you won't gain much more when going to a 3" exhaust when using the 3.15" pulley on the 9th civic. VitViper can you weigh in? I may have been misreading his post. The reason I'm leaning more towards this system is because it's quieter than a 3"

Haha, that's why Im even on this thread cause I dont want people thinking their car will explode if they have a 2.5" system on an s/c...turbo is a different story, i think.

understandable belive me im not tryin to knock any1 im just goin by my expierience trust me at that time i was a noob going into it ran an FMU with the setup which was such a nooby mistake and blew up my motor on the higway with my daughter sleeping in the back seat ....that was not a fun day lol

trust me research is key to everything !
and always ask yourself this when you wanna venture in the F/I relm ......what hp do you wanna be running after its all said and done ?? then you choose your parts ...

it kinda is yeah but when you build a car always leave yourself some playroom in case some changes are made that way your not laying out more cash later on.

yeah always use whats recommened but always remember once that happens and you want more ???
changes have to be made which means more $$$$

Last edited:
S/C isn't all that picky about what you have on the exhaust side, so the gains from going 2.5-> 3" is really small. Not really worth the cost if you already have a 2.5" exhaust unless you really want that last 5 hp.

I'd just pick either or based on sound. You won't notice much, if any difference in power between the two.

Back