Brembo brakes. 100% bolt on.

Sleepingpanda

Kung-Fu Panda
Boston, MA
Vehicle Model
Civic Si
Body Style
Sedan
FYI. If anyone cares. The jdm dc5 type r brembo brakes bolt right on to our cars just like the 8th. Just use s2000 rotors. Which also means acura TL type S brembos bolt on too. But you need to drill out your caliper mount holes slightly.

Here's a pic for proof. Unfortunately my wheels didn't clear. So back to the drawing board. image.jpg

It looks amazing, especially on a white car! The 8th and 9th gens do share the same aftermarket part numbers for brake rotors/pads. How well does it clear the wheel?

It looks amazing, especially on a white car! The 8th and 9th gens do share the same aftermarket part numbers for brake rotors/pads. How well does it clear the wheel?

It doesn't clear my wheels. That's the problem. Lol. I need a different spoke design.

It depends if CHH supplies Acura parts. I tried to get Acura horns from a Honda parts distributor once. It didn't work out. Lol.

Auto fair Honda sells the acura calipers. But keep in mind you WILL need to drill your steering knuckle. Where the caliper bolts come through. Only like an extra 1/16th of an inch.

Spacers might work for my wheels. But then I may need camber bolts so I won't rub the fender. And extended studs.

Auto fair Honda sells the acura calipers. But keep in mind you WILL need to drill your steering knuckle. Where the caliper bolts come through. Only like an extra 1/16th of an inch.

Spacers might work for my wheels. But then I may need camber bolts so I won't rub the fender. And extended studs.

It's cheaper than getting new wheels though. :giggle:

So you took the calipers off?

Yea I took them off for now. Until I decide what to do. If I keep them. I'd paint them white with a teal brembo logo.

I'll need to price out some spacers. Extended studs. And camber bolts.

Also wheel bearings. Since I'll need to pull the hub off to change studs.

Awesome info. Thanks man! I'm sure lots of people will like to hear about this!

So maybe a rim with a lil different offset would work huh ?

Ok which ones do you have ? Tl or dc5 ? And s2000 rotors on both sets ?

Last edited:
Ok which ones do you have ? Tl or dc5 ? And s2000 rotors on both sets ?

These are dc5 brembos. Difference being. They're the same bolt size as stock. So no drilling required. Down side is. They're meant to mount on the back side of the rotor. Not forward like shown. So that puts the bleeder in the wrong position.

You could just swap the calipers to the opposite sides. So the bleeders face up. But you may experience uneven pad wear because of the different size caliper pistons.

The 8th and 9th gens do share the same aftermarket part numbers for brake rotors/pads.

If you're talking about replacement pads for the OEM calipers, 8th and 9th gen are NOT the same! I've been trying to find track-worthy front pads for my 9th gen Si Sedan, and not much is available, at least not from Hawk. I'm trolling the Internet for Carbotechs now. The 9th gen Si uses the same pads as the 2003-2012 Accord 4 cylinder.

Back