Broken strut stud

FG4 Pjay

Guam
Vehicle Model
Civic Si
Body Style
Coupe
2013 coupe si
I was extremely tightening my front right strut bolts cause i thought that was the reason for a squeaking noise which led to 1 of the top 3 studs breaking. The whole stub came off. Anyone know where to get another head for my strut? Any suggestions?

A parts "fish" from one of our on site sponsors can probably work, good thing its something money can fix........ Might want to buy a torque wrench.... squeaks would have sent me in the direction of unscrewing and lubing rather than tightening.... and I wouldn't want to drive it much till it's fixed.
Turn your radio up and you won't hear this crap......... Sorry for the joke........

And wouldn't he need a spring compressor?

If he wants to be safe, yes. But I can assure you the spring does not have much force once the top nut is complete loosened. There's enough force to just pop the top hat off. When re-installing the spring(s), hand pressure is enough. I used a spring compressor when doing springs for the first time on my car, but didn't use one on my friend's car when we did his springs. If you choose to not use a spring compressor, don't point it at yourself or anything else important in the area in the event there is enough force to shoot off.

@webby Yes that is the one #13 thank you so much.
Im currently taking classes at a auto shop so i can just use their spring compressor

Back