Buddy club pulley set

What do you think about the rumors saying they damage the motor in the long run?

There's multiple sides to this argument, whether it's vendors stating that there's no concern as our motors are internally balanced, or tuners saying the contrary. I personally, have had an underdrive pulley on every car i've own and have literally put hundreds of thousands of miles on my vehicles and haven't experienced any issues. Likewise, you'll be hard pressed to find anyone in the rsx/8thcivic/tsx community that have had a negative experience with extended miles put on the pulley units. Regardless, I figure that with all this talk someone had to finally take the plunge for the betterment of our 9thgen community to get some data to see whether or not at least the gains are there. Considering I drive over 150 miles per day for my work, I'll be able to see about he longevity for everyone as well.

There's multiple sides to this argument, whether it's vendors stating that there's no concern as our motors are internally balanced, or tuners saying the contrary. I personally, have had an underdrive pulley on every car i've own and have literally put hundreds of thousands of miles on my vehicles and haven't experienced any issues. Likewise, you'll be hard pressed to find anyone in the rsx/8thcivic/tsx community that have had a negative experience with extended miles put on the pulley units. Regardless, I figure that with all this talk someone had to finally take the plunge for the betterment of our 9thgen community to get some data to see whether or not at least the gains are there. Considering I drive over 150 miles per day for my work, I'll be able to see about he longevity for everyone as well.
Awesome man I'm right behind you as well. Ordered my buddy club pulley set last week.

has anyone swapped out their stock pulley? Been looking at this for awhile now and I'm thinking about pulling the trigger on this, has respectable gains..my only real question is would I need a tune right away for this ?
View attachment 43695
Bro, by replacing the pulleys your rpm will spool faster will that affect the ecu by any chance? I think a tuning is required.

Bro, by replacing the pulleys your rpm will spool faster will that affect the ecu by any chance? I think a tuning is required.
I'm not saying I didn't need a tune. I guess I wasn't clear...I wanted to know if by installing these pullies my car would still run as in not go into limp mode or something without a tune. Basically if it's driveable without a tune. But I already have my flash pro on the way so doesn't really matter.

I'm not saying I didn't need a tune. I guess I wasn't clear...I wanted to know if by installing these pullies my car would still run as in not go into limp mode or something without a tune. Basically if it's driveable without a tune. But I already have my flash pro on the way so doesn't really matter.
My apology i might interpreted wrongly.
One question: does flashing your ecu helps the civic to reconfigure itself to the new pulleys? Or do you still need to retune the mappings?

My apology i might interpreted wrongly.
One question: does flashing your ecu helps the civic to reconfigure itself to the new pulleys? Or do you still need to retune the mappings?
Still need to retune. Re flash helps a little i think but you need a tune to get anything out of any mod.

Still need to retune. Re flash helps a little i think but you need a tune to get anything out of any mod.
Noted, remember to let us know before and after tuning's difference. If possible with the hp vs torque graph plots. I look forward to your fruitful mod!

Any update?

With the holidays being here and the pressures of my job (work for UPS) I haven't had the time to have them installed. I will most likely get them installed this week. Then the plan is to purchase a skunk2/full-race downpipe to replace my RV-6 dp. But that's next week.....

With the holidays being here and the pressures of my job (work for UPS) I haven't had the time to have them installed. I will most likely get them installed this week. Then the plan is to purchase a skunk2/full-race downpipe to replace my RV-6 dp. But that's next week.....
Sweet! How do you like the look of the pulleys ? Are they nice and shiney? Lol

Boricua thats BS I've had pully's on every car I've owned and never had any issues go for it brother!
Your right bori but these are newer cars you never know haha but everything goes good with Stealths pulley I'll pull the trigger!

Pullies are officially in. I hopefully will have dyno numbers showing the gains in a week or two. I've owned 3 different cars with pullies and I can say that this car definitely responded the best. The car revs much easier now and feels stronger throughout the power band. I wasn't expecting such a noticeable difference due to the law of diminishing returns but after reading the many posts of tsx/accord/8thcivic owners regarding their experience with unorthodox pullies, and now experiencing it for myself I would say it's easily worth the money. Increased throttle response, less downshifting, and more power sounds like a win win to me. For anyone looking to do this, I would suggest the unorthodox units due to their lighter weight, slight underdrive and great quality. Hopefully I will have more data for the community in the days/weeks to come.

Pullies are officially in. I hopefully will have dyno numbers showing the gains in a week or two. I've owned 3 different cars with pullies and I can say that this car definitely responded the best. The car revs much easier now and feels stronger throughout the power band. I wasn't expecting such a noticeable difference due to the law of diminishing returns but after reading the many posts of tsx/accord/8thcivic owners regarding their experience with unorthodox pullies, and now experiencing it for myself I would say it's easily worth the money. Increased throttle response, less downshifting, and more power sounds like a win win to me. For anyone looking to do this, I would suggest the unorthodox units due to their lighter weight, slight underdrive and great quality. Hopefully I will have more data for the community in the days/weeks to come.
Woohoooo! Soo car feels better?! Post pics of that bay!

Hard to see the pullies since they're pretty much behind the wheel well. I will replace the tensioner idler pulley in the next week or two so at least that one will be visible even if it will only provide 1-2 whp gain. Nevertheless here's a shot of the engine bay as it sits now along with a shot of the alternator pulley from the top.
[ImageUploadedByTapatalk1420381131.211714.jpg

Back