Buddy club pulley set

@Kevv_Si still driving great and as responsive as ever. haven't been able to get the final dyno as of yet due to the fact that we're in the middle of closing on a house and moving. once i'm in the new house, i should be able to finalize everything for you guys.

@Kevv_Si still driving great and as responsive as ever. haven't been able to get the final dyno as of yet due to the fact that we're in the middle of closing on a house and moving. once i'm in the new house, i should be able to finalize everything for you guys.
Do you feel any extra power through out the whole rpm range, or just better acceleration?

I think I'm just going to order a set for myself fudge it. Lol

No just curious

For those that are thinking about lightweight pullies with a SC, underdrive pullies cannot be used. Not sure if these are or not, but just wanted to throw that out there.

For those that are thinking about lightweight pullies with a SC, underdrive pullies cannot be used. Not sure if these are or not, but just wanted to throw that out there.
They are underdrive. What's your opinion with pulley

They are underdrive. What's your opinion with pulley

I have no opinion on the pulleys themselves. Just that underdrive pullies cannot be used with superchargers.

On the note of lightweight pullies and forced induction, according to Vit, they are not worth it with a turbo.

Found the post:

I have yet to meet a manufacturer that doesn't claim gains for any product they make that is "supposed" to add power. If the pullies add say 3hp, that's a gain that will never be felt, and something like pullies is highly subject to something called "diminishing returns" -- on a stock Si they might help more than on a fully bolted on Si. And on a forced induction Si they will have zero benefit -- the motor makes so much power that a weight change in the crank pulley is just irrelevant, you'll never notice in any realistic application (dyno is not a realistic application, sorry).

If you want to talk about reducing rotating mass -- look at the oil pump with balance shafts. I have one sitting on the shelf, it weighs like 20lbs or something (it feels like a boat anchor compared to the RSX oil pump which weighs like 1 or 2 lbs).

Did you go in from the wheel well?

Wheel well was by far the easiest for the crank pulley. Alternator pulley was a pain in the rear and could only be accessed from the top of the engine bay. I'll be ordering the tensioner/idler pulley this week to round out the set as well, but that appears to be a 20 minute job...tops.

Wheel well was by far the easiest for the crank pulley. Alternator pulley was a pain in the rear and could only be accessed from the top of the engine bay. I'll be ordering the tensioner/idler pulley this week to round out the set as well, but that appears to be a 20 minute job...tops.
I thought the pulley set was complete? Just two pulley

I thought the pulley set was complete? Just two pulley

The Unorthodox Pulley set comes with the crank pulley and alternator pulley plus a belt.

On a side note, after 10 months of waiting with no communication, the longer awaited NST Pulley set has arrived. 3 pc pulley set that will promptly be going up for sale since it's of no use to me at this point...lol

The Unorthodox Pulley set comes with the crank pulley and alternator pulley plus a belt.

On a side note, after 10 months of waiting with no communication, the longer awaited NST Pulley set has arrived. 3 pc pulley set that will promptly be going up for sale since it's of no use to me at this point...lol
Lol wow!!!!

How does it compare? In terms of look/quality?

How does it compare? In terms of look/quality?

I have to admit, the NST pullies look awesome. They're red (matches the car) and appear to be lighter. Not to mention it's a complete 3 pc set made to use your stock belt. I'm almost tempted to install them. I spend more money on this car than necessary...it's getting ridiculous. At this point, I can put the NST pullies up for sale and buy the idler pulley from Unorthodox Racing for roughly $110. Or I can take off the UR set, put them up for sale and install the new 3 pc set from NST. decisions decisions....

Back