Buddy Club Quick Shift Kit

blove9

Calgary
Vehicle Model
SI
Body Style
coupe
Has anyone tried this shifter yet? How does it stack up against TWM or Billet Pro short shifters?

Thanks

Wow great price and drop in install? I wonder how easy it is to install? Looks real low too. Please post feedback and maybe a DIY!

Thanks for posting the link. I am also curious, does it come with base bushings? or are they needed?

Just as a side note, the pic in the link is not actually the 2012 Civic shift kit. The shape is completely wrong. So if you are judging by the picture for shifter height (which actually doesn't look shorter if you enlarge the dis-proportionally reduced image), don't.

It does not look like it comes with base bushings judging by the description. You can reuse stock ones or buy solid ones from various vendors. Corsport sells them but I got mine from Hybrid Racing for less. Personal preference, all the brands are pretty much the same exact part.

Last edited:
Wow, this makes TWM's short shifter look massively overpriced

It also increased braking power as well as stiffening the suspension. And it lowers the Vtec crossover to 750rpm (idle rpm).

Looks like it would be much easier to install the whole assembly like that can anybody confirm this?

Looks like it would be much easier to install the whole assembly like that can anybody confirm this?
After taking my shifter assembly apart to install a short shift adapter and base bushings, I think it would be pretty easy to just replace the whole thing. You have to take the stock one completely off to install the adapter so it would be easy to just put the new one in instead

I think it would be easier to just replace the shift lever than the whole thing because you can remove the lever without removing the center console quite easily but either are not complicated. I recommend using thread locker on the bolts you remove from the shifter column because mine loosened up over time after I took it off to install the base bushings and shift lever short throw adapter.

Back