Buddy Club Short Shifter (Full Assembly) Promotion

Really? I haven't read any bad reports.

I tried looking for the thread again to quote, but one guy had the same setup and he had problems getting in 2,4,6 and rev gears. So he went back to oem cables and bushings and fixed it. Might have jacked something up during installation or a defective part. But other than that all Ive read with this setup were all good.

I tried looking for the thread again to quote, but one guy had the same setup and he had problems getting in 2,4,6 and rev gears. So he went back to oem cables and bushings and fixed it. Might have jacked something up during installation or a defective part. But other than that all Ive read with this setup were all good.
I think I'm going to go with the BC SS and the Hybrid bushings but keep the stock cables.

I think I'm going to go with the BC SS and the Hybrid bushings but keep the stock cables.
I don't think anyone here switched cables with these mods. Someone bent a cable during install and had to buy a new one, but I still can't figure out how that happened. Maybe didn't have a cable fully locked in place in the shifter and put it back together that way? So it was effectively longer, and got bent. This is easy stuff we're talking about here. Follow Squiggy's DIY and it's cake.

Did you do the install yourself? I've been calling around and have been getting quotes from 150$-200$ :/
yes it can be done pretty easy with a few simple tools and follow the instructions on how to remove the cables and re install to the new assembly

Let me know how it all goes @Shagydishapopo. I'm curious to hear how the BC SS and the Hybrid Racing cables and bushings feel after they're installed.

Just got done installing the BC SS and Base bushings and I love it already! I say go for it the shift feels much more precise and stiff. Going to wait till I install my intake to do the Cable Bushings cause of tight space. Plus itll give me some time to know if there is difference installing the cable bushings. Took me about 2 hours installing cause of lack of experience haha but now I know.

Just got done installing the BC SS and Base bushings and I love it already! I say go for it the shift feels much more precise and stiff. Going to wait till I install my intake to do the Cable Bushings cause of tight space. Plus itll give me some time to know if there is difference installing the cable bushings. Took me about 2 hours installing cause of lack of experience haha but now I know.
Seems that your experience is the same as most peoples @Shagydishapopo.
I wouldn't wait to install the cable bushings though. Ive read lots of good stuff about those so why not get them installed and have the added benefit of quality bushings as well.

Seems that your experience is the same as most peoples @Shagydishapopo.
I wouldn't wait to install the cable bushings though. Ive read lots of good stuff about those so why not get them installed and have the added benefit of quality bushings as well.

Yea I heard good things too, but the space I have to work with them kind of scares me cause I might drop something and forever have clanking sound lol. But also I want to feel the change with BC SS installed then the cable bushings. Im waiting for PRL's new SRI to arrive for stock IM so maybe next week it goes on.

Yea I heard good things too, but the space I have to work with them kind of scares me cause I might drop something and forever have clanking sound lol. But also I want to feel the change with BC SS installed then the cable bushings. Im waiting for PRL's new SRI to arrive for stock IM so maybe next week it goes on.
@Shagydishapopo the factory air box comes out easily and then you have all kinds of space to work. I just removed my K&N SRI and reinstalled the factory air box because I've traded my car in. I was looking at the shifter bushings while I had the K&N out.
Not going to put the SRI in my new car. I'll leave it factory until I get a PRL and Hondata.

I just bought the BC SS, HR Base Bushings and Cable Bushings. Will both the base and cable bushings be installed in the shifter area?

Back