Build IS COMPLETE!! 431whp! 11psi!

@Rob Maust are you running that on stock internals or forged aftermarkets? Because that's exactly the range of power I wanna be running here in a bit. Oh, and what injectors are you using?

@Rob Maust are you running that on stock internals or forged aftermarkets? Because that's exactly the range of power I wanna be running here in a bit. Oh, and what injectors are you using?

I am running it on stock for now. I would recommend forged internals. I have ID 1000cc injectors.

True that. Was definitely thinking about it, but since you're already at that point and suggesting it yourself, I think i'll just jump the gun and go for it.

If I had the money I would have done it. It is nice having high compression though it really is a thrill. Make sure that if you are building the motor build the tranny/drivetrain etc.

im no expert but isnt 11psi on stock internals a little high? even for regular driving. i thought the K24 blocks couldnt safely handle more than 9psi. especially if you drive hard and dont want to blow out the bottom end of the block. i dont know if you hit the track every now and then but id like to know more about this.

im no expert but isnt 11psi on stock internals a little high? even for regular driving. i thought the K24 blocks couldnt safely handle more than 9psi. especially if you drive hard and dont want to blow out the bottom end of the block. i dont know if you hit the track every now and then but id like to know more about this.
You need to go do some reading on this subject. "psi" level from a turbo without knowing specifically what turbo or how big the charge piping is has almost nothing to do with what an engine can handle. A better way to look at it is how much power the engine can handle. The answer to that question then becomes subjective. It's more of a range of power and length of time it can handle that power assuming the tune is up to par.

OP: you're burning oil and smoke is coming out of the exhaust? Either a piston ring is going bad, which could be catastrophic, or a seal on the turbo is bad, which would be a lot less expensive, especially seeing as that turbo better still be under warranty.

You need to go do some reading on this subject. "psi" level from a turbo without knowing specifically what turbo or how big the charge piping is has almost nothing to do with what an engine can handle. A better way to look at it is how much power the engine can handle. The answer to that question then becomes subjective. It's more of a range of power and length of time it can handle that power assuming the tune is up to par.

OP: you're burning oil and smoke is coming out of the exhaust? Either a piston ring is going bad, which could be catastrophic, or a seal on the turbo is bad, which would be a lot less expensive, especially seeing as that turbo better still be under warranty.

@JAYBLS I really hope it is not a ring going bad. I will know in a few weeks when I get the situation diagnosed. @blackbeauty I am running higher than 11psi I did a few logs the other night and was hitting 13psi throughout the entire pull on a cool evening. I have been going to the track only 3 times since the turbo. car is running fine... for now.. @10.5psi i was 431whp and the car makes approx 26whp per lb of boost...

What were your track times at 13psi?
I don't know exactly what I was running at the track in terms of psi exactly.. I haven't touched it since Vit and I maxed it out. Its on 57 duty cycle I did not log the runs but it is somewhere in the range of 11.5-13psi and my best two runs were 12.84 @ 116 12.74@117.5 on street tires and no suspension work. 225/40/18 hankook ventus evo v12 tires

I have not seen them. Some coilovers have camber adjustments to a certain degree and others don't. If you plan on going 2" or more in drop, you'll need camber arms to keep the car within oem spec. Otherwise your tires will wear unevenly. Shoot the vendors here your question on parts as they would know more about them.

I have not seen them. Some coilovers have camber adjustments to a certain degree and others don't. If you plan on going 2" or more in drop, you'll need camber arms to keep the car within oem spec. Otherwise your tires will wear unevenly. Shoot the vendors here your question on parts as they would know more about them.
Will do. Thanks webby.

@JAYBLS I really hope it is not a ring going bad. I will know in a few weeks when I get the situation diagnosed. @blackbeauty I am running higher than 11psi I did a few logs the other night and was hitting 13psi throughout the entire pull on a cool evening. I have been going to the track only 3 times since the turbo. car is running fine... for now.. @10.5psi i was 431whp and the car makes approx 26whp per lb of boost...

10.5!! Wow that's incredible. I'm new to the whole tuning thing so all this stuff blows my mind. The thing is, I'm looking to turbo my baby eventually but I'm most likely going to have to keep it daily driving friendly. So I'm wondering, as for stock block components (excluding injectors and RBC), what's the max psi it can handle. Granted, I'm pretty sure I'll have to swap the tune back and forth to really make it track and street friendly. I'm not into the drag track, I'm more circuit track . So I want to be able to drive her hard on the track and not blow her up.

10.5!! Wow that's incredible. I'm new to the whole tuning thing so all this stuff blows my mind. The thing is, I'm looking to turbo my baby eventually but I'm most likely going to have to keep it daily driving friendly. So I'm wondering, as for stock block components (excluding injectors and RBC), what's the max psi it can handle. Granted, I'm pretty sure I'll have to swap the tune back and forth to really make it track and street friendly. I'm not into the drag track, I'm more circuit track . So I want to be able to drive her hard on the track and not blow her up.
@10.5-13psi the car is pretty streetable... and with the stock injectos you arent gonna really have any boost to play with.. im not even sure if you can run wastegate pressure with that or not. I would just get the stage 2 base kit and go from there. prl did the stock intake i think to 7.5-10psi not positive though...

^oh no forget the stock injectors. Like I said "excluding injector and RBC". I'm swapping out everything outside the block itself. As it is right now, I have an AEM CAI, FR cat back and dp, and hondata all on the way. I'm just figuring out which injector to get with the RBC manifold but those would be a while down the line

^oh no forget the stock injectors. Like I said "excluding injector and RBC". I'm swapping out everything outside the block itself. As it is right now, I have an AEM CAI, FR cat back and dp, and hondata all on the way. I'm just figuring out which injector to get with the RBC manifold but those would be a while down the line
It depends on the kind of power you want. I have the ID 1000 injectors with my rbc...

I did that on wastegate pressure 4.5psi-5.5psi with the 58/62 ball bearing turbo... i mean you might as well get the 1000cc's i think they are like a 50 dollar difference from like 600cc's. I really like 300whp until i ruined myself with 400+

Ya that would probably ruin me too lol thanks! Appreciate the info and guidance. Tbh the only thing stopping me from slapping a turbo on it is (aside from $0 cash flow) is the idea of getting rid of the crash bar for the inter cooler. Something about swapping something that keeps me a little safer for something that makes me WAY faster isn't appealing just yet.

Back