Build IS COMPLETE!! 431whp! 11psi!

My srt-4 holds boost at 20 with zero problems at all, it will spike well over 20.:dancing: But that's the difference between a turbo engine from the factory and a Honda si that I still can't find out what they make engine parts out of, what materials are the rods, pistons and crank, engine block all four on a srt-4 is very beefy.:wash:I changed the srt-4 oil filter and dam that's twice as big as the Honda, it also came with a factory oil cooler with a air scoop too help cooling. I like the Honda si however its a much better daily driver.:squirrel:

Block: R40/Aluminum with cast iron sleeve/11000-R40-811
Piston rod: R40/13210-R40-A00
Piston: RL5/ 13010-RL5-A00(SET A STD) 13020-RL5-A00(SET B STD)
Crank: R40/13310-R40-A00

Sorry at work and can't access a lot of sites but here is a start for you. And I'll gather more as I find it.

what I was kind of looking for was a break down on how strong this engine is block r40 made at of what grade alu, also the piston rods and crank material grade, what type of pistons. I am just curious about how much power these engines in stock form can handle, so far I nothing particularly heavy duty. SRT-4 has piston with special oil holes to extra cool down the piston and the crank is extra heavy duty also, the rods are special too m63 engine still is the bench marks you would want to see, full racing cast iron block too which allows extreme boost of 30 or more psi.:joke:

Your transmission is going to fail way before you find out how much the motor can hold.

Your transmission is going to fail way before you find out how much the motor can hold.
I have a stage 1 clutch in the srt-4 and its a beast to push-srt-4 tranny is tough but slow. I like the Honda si -I am thinking on some Motegi Mr 131 tracklights in bronze 17 pd rims. I have koings daylights 17 rims on the srt-4 and they have taken a pounding not broke-17pd rims. I have another set of daylights going to put those on the 2001 neon-that car only weighs 2550 pds but the tranny is fairly weak.

I have a stage 4 competition clutch and flywheel in my SI now. As long as you are not beating and banging the gears the gearbox is good for what you have.

Most information I see is just saying Aluminum with out specifications. I know the local book store sells Honda K series books about building big power. I also tried pulling up data from Chilton's but it looks like they stopped in 2011. I have my old block and head but I doubt they stamp anything on the rod or piston.

There other build forum that go in depth about all you want to know about all the k series components. Do you plan on building the SI?

I am going to start using the hondata soon and learn about tuning, this Honda SI car is a rolling computer, so that's where to start. I canned the after market wheels because the roads are so poor, I think they wouldn't hold up very well. I guess a k series book is good idea, it all ways fun to see how they build the engine. Take a look at the SRT-4 engine Misto 63 that is one monster and its not a dodge. Kind of funny to have such a fancy engine in a crude body but easy to fix. The Honda is the same as the engine very well made.

Last edited:
Thanks for the info buddy. Yeah I have a stage 2 clutch and lightweight flywheel. I have a smaller turbo PTE 5976 and will prob go 8-10lbs and call it a day. Should spoil fast and be safe n fun to daily. Once I get my gear x kit I’ll bring it up a little. Then go from there :). I have a thread I’ll update during me piecing it together over the summer. Thanks y’all.

I am waiting to upgrade my gears too so I can add more boost to mine. I have the PT6262 on mine now and it builds boost rather quickly. Have you spoken with Michael Hinton from Axion he was doing a spring cleaning and might have some part you can get for a steal.

Back