DIY Bumper Screen to Protect AC Condenser

Looks awesome on a black coupe! i'm jealous

Thanks. If I could find red plasti dip around here It would be red. Since it is galvanized steel I was not going to attempt to paint it. I am a need it now kind of person :hiding:. I am sure I will order some in the future and redo them. For the install I just made the sheet bigger then the opening and bent the metal around it. once I was happy I placed the tie downs around the opening and installed. The one inch ones should work find for a coupe, placement spots are endless.

Last edited:
Thanks. If I could find red plasti dip around here It would be red. Since it is galvanized steel I was not going to attempt to paint it. I am a need it now kind of person :hiding:. I am sure I will order some in the future and redo them. For the install I just made the sheet bigger then the opening and bent the metal around it. once I was happy I placed the tie downs around the opening and installed. The one inch ones should work find for a coupe, placement spots are endless.

Looks sick dude! I know removing the bumper is easy, but I'm still afraid to do it lol.

Looks sick dude! I know removing the bumper is easy, but I'm still afraid to do it lol.
First time I did it to my car was this. I have taken sedan bumpers off before but this was a first for my car. It is cake work, just get a blanket or something to put under it. Its like plugging in a usb with a few extra pieces. Really easy

Reactions: 323

have you watched the video in the first post?
Its very very easy to do once you get started and have seen the video

First time I did it to my car was this. I have taken sedan bumpers off before but this was a first for my car. It is cake work, just get a blanket or something to put under it. Its like plugging in a usb with a few extra pieces. Really easy

have you watched the video in the first post?
Its very very easy to do once you get started and have seen the video

Yeah, I've seen the video many times lol I'm sure it's very easy....but I'll end up doing it, just gotta set aside a Sunday to install the mesh.

I was afraid of breaking plastics, but after watching the video(and really liking the idea of installing the screen), I said to myself, "Self", let's do this.
One thing I'd add to the removal part, and that is to put a small mark(magic-marker) at each location of the pop-out buttons, "as" you remove them......
Why, because there's a lot of holes underneath that these buttons don't go in, which makes it easier to plug back in when you're done.

So here's my installed screen.

2sakxgj.jpg

n4awdd.jpg

2hxwxl2.jpg

smy23a.jpg

Where did you find the red screen?

Hey Paul! Great DIY, I did this myself with aluminum gutter guard, and I put it behind the grill too, just for looks.
Cug4f.jpeg

I painted the zip-ties with touch up paint after taking this pic, now you can't even see them.

I really like the way that looks on a sedan!

I am not sure if I am going to follow in the footsteps of Monk or Flippercon though.

Last edited:
squiggy, Where did you find the red screen?
I bought the screen at Tractor Supply in the landscape section......... I painted it red.......

Last edited:
Me too....... The only screens I could find that weren't metal, had too big of a hole to block bugs.

I am thinking the square mesh will look better than the honeycomb mesh with the style of grill on the coupes.

Back