Burning Oil

Rob Maust

PA
Vehicle Model
Civic Si
Body Style
Sedan
Hey guys Prl Motorsports Precision 58/62 ball bearing Stage 2 turbo kit ~2k miles on the kit. With daily driving it seems to be burning oil to the point where I can see it in the mirror and sometimes it is so much it comes up to the door. Has anyone else had this problem or know what the issue could be. Thx.

Is it only at idle? Under wide open throttle? All the time? Need more details. Might be turbo seals. Or could be something as simple as needing a catch can installed because of the higher crankcase pressures you're creating.

Is it only at idle? Under wide open throttle? All the time? Need more details. Might be turbo seals. Or could be something as simple as needing a catch can installed because of the higher crankcase pressures you're creating.
My buddies claim they smell it even wot but my a/f are golden vit says at wot. you can actually see the smoke pouring out at stop signs but then it stops. I dont think it is seals its a brand new turbo.I dont believe I have a catch can

How is your oil level?. If it is overfilled it could do this. Was it burning oil before the turbo kit?.

Hey guys Prl Motorsports Precision 58/62 ball bearing Stage 2 turbo kit ~2k miles on the kit. With daily driving it seems to be burning oil to the point where I can see it in the mirror and sometimes it is so much it comes up to the door. Has anyone else had this problem or know what the issue could be. Thx.

What is up to the door? What door?

If that's the case, is it coming from a location other than the exhaust pipe? Time to get it up on a ramp or something and see if you can locate its source

If that's the case, is it coming from a location other than the exhaust pipe? Time to get it up on a ramp or something and see if you can locate its source
It comes from the exhaust but sometimes it smokes so much it will come around the car and up to the passenger door. Only from the exhaust

^^^ Yes what? It was overfilled or it was burning oil, or both? Have you checked your VIN to see if it is one of the problem VINs for oil-burning issues? If not, you should. If it is one of them, you have to go back to stock and get it addressed under warranty. If I understand correctly, you turbo'd a known oil-burning vehicle that was still under warranty? Obviously, a basically new car that is billowing smoke is not normal, it's a big problem.

uncle-buck1.jpg

Uncle Buck says it's just burning a little oil....
uncle-buck-2.jpg

^^^ Yes what? It was overfilled or it was burning oil, or both? Have you checked your VIN to see if it is one of the problem VINs for oil-burning issues? If not, you should. If it is one of them, you have to go back to stock and get it addressed under warranty. If I understand correctly, you turbo'd a known oil-burning vehicle that was still under warranty? Obviously, a basically new car that is billowing smoke is not normal, it's a big problem.
I was burning oil before. it was not overfilled. and I believe I am past the point of putting it all back to stock that would cost me thousands

Have you had prl look at the car...or had their input?

Deleted because it may have violated policy on racing vids.

Last edited:
No streetracing vids allowed... I guess he had found your youtube channel, then he edited the post.

No streetracing vids allowed... I guess he had found your youtube channel, then he edited the post.
oh so he posted one of my videos? then deleted it because it was a race?

Almost posted enough info to get to your race vids, and thought better of it because they're not allowed here, so I deleted the entire post.

Back