Camber Arms in winter

PainlessCandy

Cleveland
Vehicle Model
Civic Si
Body Style
Coupe
So I just had my alignment checked, brought in the rear camber for the winter, and the tech made it a point to tell me, "you need to put some kind of protectant on your adjustable camber arms, otherwise they will seize from the salt." I've never heard of this being a problem, but it makes sense. Does anyone have experience with this? I just put the arms on earlier this year so this will be the first winter they have seen.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

So I just had my alignment checked, brought in the rear camber for the winter, and the tech made it a point to tell me, "you need to put some kind of protectant on your adjustable camber arms, otherwise they will seize from the salt." I've never heard of this being a problem, but it makes sense. Does anyone have experience with this? I just put the arms on earlier this year so this will be the first winter they have seen.

I put an anti-seize on mine when I installed them.

I put an anti-seize on mine when I installed them.
That's what I'm going to do for now. I can't think of anything else really to do to protect it. The tech just made a BIG deal out of it and made me worry.

That's what I'm going to do for now. I can't think of anything else really to do to protect it. The tech just made a BIG deal out of it and made me worry.

It would have been best if he did it while making the adjustments. I covered the entire bolt and not just what was exposed.

Agreed with anti-seize on the threads. The arms are probably aluminum, so that shouldn't rust. I would go in with Seafoam Deep Creep and spray everything else, like the threads and nuts
The tech was worried specifically about the steel retaining bolt electrolyzing with the aluminum arm in the presence of salt/brine that they treat roads with here in Ohio.

Back