Can anyone identify this clip?

Redrocket1

Kalamazoo, MI
Vehicle Model
Civic Si
Body Style
Coupe
Hey guys, I posted on the other forum and figured I would ask here too. I tried finding this subassembly on the honda parts diagrams, with no luck. Can anyone identify this clip so I can order a new one without taking it in to the dealer? I marked it in yellow. Please, thanks!

Attachments

• IMG_20131227_191800.jpg
    IMG_20131227_191800.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 37
Thanks for looking, I think that might be the cowl piece that hugs the windshield, along with the blue clip on its underside (30). The piece which the wiper bolts stick through. Am I wrong?

I guess I misunderstood... you need like one of the black plastic pins/clips that holds pieces together?

like this?

5gWJDr9.jpg

I unfortunately don't remember what it looked like, because it jumped into my engine bay the second I got it out. But can you confirm that's the correct clip? If so, I'll borrow one from my underbody to test it out.

I thought you were looking for a black plastic cowl piece. I'd throw one of the clips from your underbody onto that spot and see if it fits. I know there are obviously differences in the length on a few clips. Any reason you don't want to get it at the dealership? It's going to cost you way more having to get something like 1 clip shipped versus picking one up.

Yea that clip goes through 2 sheets of plastic and 1 sheet of metal. I may end up going to the dealership, but I was there yesterday and had them replace a screw from my wheel well that was always missing. I figured I would tackle one thing at a time so they didn't suspect foul play, and it's a bit soon to go back. Sorry I re-read my OP and it was unclear. I'm not looking for the subassebly, just that clip. I'm just not having any luck finding that in the diagrams, which I'm confused about. Thanks!

Thanks Nix. Based on the cowl piece that clip is grouped with, I think 30 is the blue clip on the underside of the windshield washer bolt cowlpiece.
But I just got back from my garage. It looks like there are 2 different possible clips, each with distinguishable tops. I need to find a photo of someone's engine bay where I can tell which clip was supposed to go there...

one of the better/larger engine bay pics I could find so far.... (click to enlarge)

14_2012_honda_civic_si_ny.jpg

Thanks again. I found this picture, which clearly shows the top looks like the same clips which hold the grille down. I popped one of the grille clips out, and it looks too fat to fit through the sheetmetal piece. Sorry to waste everyone's time, and I appreciate your help but I think I'll just take it to the dealership next weekend. I'll take a picture of the clip for closure =)

Attachments

• 1378047046842.jpg
    1378047046842.jpg
    40.7 KB · Views: 8
Back