Can you mirror your phone on 2013

I don't think I've ever seen anyone do the 12/13 model. The 14+ has the ability to mirror

Have I missed the instructions for mirroring in a 2014?

some people use chromecast or firesticks

Use a chromecast plugged into the hdmi port. Put your phone in hotspot mode and have your chromecast connect to that. Make sure you enable the hdmi to be active when driving in the settings. Open maps and screen share to the chromecast.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

You know you can mirror your entire phone screen while driving? I actually have a amazon firestick on my car, its pretty cool what the stock headunit can do.

best thing to do, hold the power button, home button, and eject button for a few seconds, select detail, hold menu until the 2nd "secret" menu comes up, select vehicle information, bottom right, select the one that says vdm error, and then turn that to off. You now have no lockout while driving for your hdmi. Also if you use a firestick for mirroring purposes you dont need any wifi or data connection. It will mirror all the time without any secondary data connection.

this talks about doing it with a jailbroken iphone, but others in the thread say it's not required
http://9thcivic.com/forum/threads/hdmi-while-in-motion-success-iphone-only.13618/

Back