Can't seem to get gear shift knob back the way it was after unscrewing it on 2013 Si

2013SiSedan

Toronto
Vehicle Model
Civic Si
Body Style
Sedan
So I was trying to install a new gear shifter knob on my 2013 Si, and after I took off the OEM one and took the new one out of the package, I realized that the new one not only is all scratched up but over-all looks defective. So I went to put the original one back on, but I can't seem to get it straight. Also, it seems likes it's WAY easier to screw on and unscrew than it was originally. Also it almost seems like I'm feeling the part underneath the actual knob that goes between the leather skirt and the knob more than I did before. Any ideas on how I could get it back to the way it originally was?

Awesome, I appreciate your lightning quick reply, and will try this off of the thread you sent me:

Can't you use the wrench on the retaining piece to lock the knob where you want it to stay ?
Basically what Monk said. Screw the knob all the way down and then spin it up until it is aligned. Then hold it firmly and lock it in place with the retaining piece.

Just to give an update on the situation, I did what was suggested above, and it worked like a charm. Thank you once again webby for pointing me in the right direction :)

Back