Can't shift into second

Ernesto Montano

Miami, Fl
Vehicle Model
Si
Body Style
Sedan
Hey guys I just got a '13 fb6 like a month ago and now that I'm starting to hoon it a little I'm noticing that sometimes when I'm in first gear and Rev it up to like 6.5k-7k rpms and try to put it into second, it doesn't let me in.

The first few times I was thinking that I just wasn't putting it in enough but then today I noticed that it actually just isn't allowing me.

Something I do remember is that all the times this has happened, not sure if coincidence or not, but my traction control light was on (i do use traction control) and the streets were wet

Any ideas as to what's happening?

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk

Do you still have factory warranty by chance? or any warranty?
Having the traction control on or off shouldn't affect the transmission in this way.
Let's say you try to go from 2nd gear to 3rd gear over 6.5-7k rpms, does it do the same?

I wonder if there isn't something wrong with the lockout mechanism in the transmission. Usually it prevents you from going into 1st or reverse above certain speeds. Perhaps it has malfunctioned and is preventing you from going into 2nd under high load. I would also change your transmission fluid and see if that makes a difference, if you haven't done it in a long time it could make things feel congested.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

Is it possible you have stretched cables? I know that can play some weird havoc on shifting. MTF fluid exchange is another good service to do regardless if it hasn't been done.

Back