Car theft

Tak

New York City
Vehicle Model
LX
Body Style
Sedan (FB2)
Hi,
Car theft continues to be an issues in NYC. I noticed either cars or wheels got stolen.

I know there's nothing to stop the theft from stealing. However, is there anything to prevent from being an victim? Especially the civic or accord is modded and it is more attractive to become a prime target for crime.
Is the immobilizer system effective? I doubt it as well.
Thanks

I had a switch on my fuel pump in my crx straight from the fuse, very easy to install, but that was many moons ago

Reactions: Tak
The key has a chip in it that is tied to your car. It will not start without your key. Does that stop a shady person with a tow truck from hauling your car away....no.

You mean there isn't an "APP" for that..........?
The only sure way is to install an alarm w/pager that only you can hear, and keep it with you. They are about the same as ones that don't have pagers.... I had one on my MC back in the 70's while living downtown Denver. It works!

How about rims?
Months ago, I saw an Accord without 4 wheels...

I was like, "Accord should have come with wheel locks and that's still ineffective. I might have 5 different set of wheel locks on my car then. That would slow them down if that would happen to my car and eventually they would give up."

Wheel locks are a deterrent, but keep in mind that any attempt to get them off will result in the damage of the wheels, at least the looks of them.... Might as well let them have 'em........

Ya wheels r one thing, but I used to be nervous about my harley, then I put a Vance and Hines on it and I knew I would hear it if someone started it. But who would know if it was pushed on a trailer? Also, I had an alarm put on my 06 scion and it saved me about $15 a month on insurance! Although I was 21 at the time and had insane insurance rates ....

Where do you live that you really need these things? 90% of the time I don't even lock my house lol it's amazing people get so low

Where do you live that you really need these things? 90% of the time I don't even lock my house lol it's amazing people get so low
That must be nice, but experience has proven to me never assume. Now that most ppl can steal a car to go into any ones neighborhood to do their nasty deeds, and with the climbing(Clim-b-ing, really?... sorry, taking to my spell checker) crime ratio due to a lot of job less peeps(also on the rise)....... My Father never lock his car or house up to a few years ago, and survived.
Myself, having lived in several large cities in this country and abroad, I wouldn't even walk to a trash can at a store and back, without locking the door.

Back