Car won't start!

r18-power

FL
Vehicle Model
Focus ST
Body Style
Hatchback
So I went to install my capacitor on my amp today and everything was fine, I tested it out and then the red protective light on the amp turned on, so I went and turned the car off and tried to put it on ACC mode and I heard a sort of pop sound come from my speakers and the radio reset, the. i turned everything off and went to turn the car on and it will not turn on, the ACC mode turns on and displays check airbag, check abs system and check brakes? But the car wont turn on, I was looking on youtube and I foud this video.. (not my car but similar issue)

Even though the lights and dash still turn on I read that the battery could have damaged a cell. What do you guys think?

Also if it is the battery what battery do you guys recommend? I know Honda batteries aren't the best so I want to get the best possible one.

Also if it is the battery what battery do you guys recommend? I know Honda batteries aren't the best so I want to get the best possible one.

Based off your symptoms, sounds like a bad battery. I don't know a whole lot about the brands of batteries myself, but my friends suggest an Optima yellow top. I guess they have always had good luck with those, when my current OEM battery goes bad, I'll be replacing it with one of those.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I appreciate all the info guys, do you where the ignition fuse is located? Ill give that a try to see

Also this morning I went to the car and put it on ACC mode again, It no longer has weird lights on the imid, and I went to turn the car on and it doesn't make the clicking noise anymore, it actually tries to turn over but it dies.. I guess if it is the battery it got charged a little last night? And that's why now it tries to turn on?

Have you checked your ignition fuse? I think the accessory mode is powered by a different fuse but I am not 100% sure. If it were me, thats where I would start.

Don't know why I couldn't think of this last night. I'd also suggest looking at the fuse. All the way in the back of the owners manual (or at least near the back) there's a chart showing where every fuse is, what it's for, and what kinda fuse it is

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I appreciate everyone's feedback, it did end up being the OEM battery (personally think they suck anyway), I did end up getting an optima yellow top as @fg3_colton suggested!

C98D2F85-0E05-4FD7-BFB7-583A7EE73902_zpsqy79e3p8.jpg

Back