CBP_knight21's 2012 Civic SI sedan

CBP_knight21

ATL, Georgia
Vehicle Model
Civic SI
Body Style
sedan
Hello there! My name is Kevin and this is the start of my build thread for my 2012 si sedan. I introduced myself in the intro thread but seeing how I am starting to get some mods together, I thought I would start a build thread. A little background info on myself: I am new to the civic si although, not new to Hondas. I started with a 1998 Prelude SH when I was 16 and absolutely loved that car. I was new to working on cars and modifying back then and definitely learned a lot. After a few years of owning that car I started noticing Subarus a lot more. Sold the Prelude and I bought a 2005 WRX. I knew NOTHING about the car besides it was awd, boosted, and sounded mean. So naturally I threw a bunch of mods on it and ended up throwing a rod on the dyno (worst day of my life). After 6 looooooong months and too much money later, I had a mildly built STi motor with a 16g turbo that made 192hp to the wheels. It was a daily so I made sure it was a safe, conservative tune. I was tired of being scared to drive my car so I was looking to trade for something different. I ended up coming across an awesome deal on an ap1 s2000 with very low miles. Effing loved that car! I will for sure own another one some day. After driving that for a few months I realized it wasnt very practical as a daily so I sold it and bought a 2006 WRX. Ohhhhh the time and money spent on that car for mods, repairs, and stress was just ridiculous. Unfortunately, that car spent more time sitting than I drove it. I came across a 1995 Honda Accord ex with 68,XXX original miles and bought it immediately. I thought, "oh what a perfect daily so I dont have to worry about the Subaru". That car ran so damn good and I really enjoyed it but I got offered a amount of money for it that I just couldnt turn down. Started driving the WRX again and every weekend I was back to repairs. I said eff this and traded it in for my 2012 Civic SI sedan. Its my first 6-speed and I love it. Now onto some pictures!

2012 Honda Civic SI sedan

mods so far:
- Nokyia yellow fog light bulbs
- Nokyia yellow high beams/ daytime running lights
- 8000k HID kit
- gunmetal painted wheels
- LED interior lights
- Ksport oil cap
- Ksport battery hold down
- Eibach pro-kit springs (soon to be installed)
- Garageline 20mm wheel spacers (soon to be installed)

eku_mdK7LzslnIbTodRXM7k2ZFlEgegCrHQJ5b8g3Kk=w483-h643-no

This is from the night I drove her home.

First thing I noticed while driving her was that stupid rev hang. Im just now getting the hang of driving with it. Other than that, I love the car. First thing I did was replaced all the interior bulbs with LEDs. Not too long after that I put in some yellow fog light bulbs and wrapped the fog lights in yellow tint.

VXwngUsF888Es4cgJryDiD0FxAajkT1W6YQix6jNybU=w858-h643-no

iDdVTixOAL0H6l2YQalbDHKC6LNqDKxZCjwiTj_Nt7Y=w483-h643-no

Then I installed a 8000k HID kit.
LZ21vmoFud2M2q4oWRjIh9rCZFQ-gOKMyFxm0MFShdM=w858-h643-no

NLfABwnceTBC8jGk2QEv3m_BzjY97rOkPAYfKrVMzPQ=w483-h643-no

One of my biggest pet peeves is when people install HIDs and just throw the ballasts wherever. I dont like clutter so I mounted the ballasts securely to the frame.

I like the OEM wheels just fine but wanted to paint them gunmetal. Instead of just plasti-dipping them, I decided to paint them using actual wheel paint. I was so disappointed with the results after spending allllllll damn day prepping and painting. So at the moment the wheels and tires are off and Im stripping the paint and redoing them tomorrow. I will post some pictures when Im done. Here are some pictures of how they looked...

O0YvDW1YK8_88vR5mNd2jNW9rdkuAwjWAr-8r0Bg0wE=w858-h643-no

wXkRY_myqVxBzhyE1Mu_o9HvqcNrpxJO6uyJSVtMt-Q=w953-h714-no

I dont know if it was the primer I used or what but they just dont look right at all. Thats all I have done as of right now but I just ordered some garagline 20mm wheel spacers and eibach pro-kit springs. So after those arrive I will post some pictures of them installed! I have a few more pictures to post just for....well just because =)

Cw5T2-xl4LH9V1WODMAXFsJj1fwWnmmn-9guZ0H9sDI=w953-h714-no

DW81-kZHa9z7ldXT8bHx20WFcmpFiOfJ64qQ8tdVq8s=w536-h714-no

I found a couple pictures of my 2006 WRX that I traded in for the SI.
CgWsx7TL-E5em2Kzz9j0CfizJoFnm8oLQeBIGMYEkEk=w953-h714-no

DPDvvQ8GxSeeY2Ofcr39r1m4iuceeqi7ZhuvmXxHyHk=w536-h714-no

MTuWLAHb2mN8K9nAFnCTXSUgAZeeOrKB5hRVQuG-uIo=w953-h714-no

Sorry for the long post! I will keep updating as the mods come in.

Nicely done so far. It's hard to tell from the pics, but they almost look like a matte finish? I wonder if adding some clear coat on top would change the look?

They have like 3 coats of clear on them in those pictures. The paint job itself doesnt look bad. Its the color outcome i was bummed about. Im trying to strip all the paint off of the wheels now and its taking forever. I was trying to avoid plastidip but dipyourcar.com has a bunch of wheel painting kits and i got a kit with 3 cans of anthracite grey and 2 cans of the clear coat gloss. According to the pictures and description its a "true metallic".

do you know what brand of paint you used on the wheels?

It was rustoleum wheel paint. I'm almost done plasti-dipping my wheels now. It's taking me all day because I keep getting distracted haha

Well I finished the wheels up a couple hours ago. So far they look so much better than before. It was night when I finished so I wont truly know how they look until tomorrow. Ill take some pictures of my car when its daylight. Anyway I took some pictures of them off the car.

6WUcCa2DAgmt0XMb3bSu_YTOuJbSlcXoaSpaD9GIrkk=w536-h714-no

l-tyssQ8NAR6P33X_KfonvZueD8AVdh3bFGArUh744I=w536-h714-no

EjcYIUuA6gyvIis4nr_VxklrVJwLMSQOsAmKX_jCaR8=w953-h714-no

Oh yea I painted my engine cover and washer tank cap as well.
f-5ZBL3KHHW41-oKQStvCiEk78pbsbuNKbnaL3U32hs=w953-h714-no

"mildly built STi motor with a 16g turbo that made 192hp to the wheels."

:confused: I know it was an '05 WRX (2.0L) that you blew the rod but if you swapped a STi engine (2.5L) in with 16G turbo and only put down 192hp something is very wrong... Either engine-wise, tuner or SUPER low reading dyno.

I had a '07 WRX (2.5L - non STi engine) with a VF43 (from '07 STI) with supporting mods (TMIC, fuel pump, plugs, intake, TBE, ect) and put down 290hp/330tq on a DynoJet dyno.

I'm just curious and would like more info. I know the car is already gone.

@bootyluvr you gotta come see this!! Anyway congrats OP.;)

I'm here. :wavey: @Michal006

**** that's my bad. Def a typo. It made 292 at topspeed in Atlanta. Back when Doug was still the tuner there. I'll list the mods I can remember.
2.5l sti block w/ nitrated crank
Wrx heads ported w/ oil passages smoothed and supporting valve train.
16g turbo
Ess top mount
Sti pinks w/ walbro 255 pump
Gimmick turbo inlet
Stock air box w/ k&n drop in

haha yea sorry! That was a quick car and I loved her but at the time I was a broke 21 year old that couldnt afford any major repairs. Took a picture of my civic today with the wheels on it. They def look better but I think I need to add another coat of clear.

Qg9gqO5UZcwFu0sVFyumayb-UacXKwET9JtfEVZ-yUk=w953-h714-no

I CANNOT wait until my springs and wheel spacers get here.

I am very glad to hear someone came from subarus to an Si. I was very upset with myself for not dishing out a few grand more on an sti after a punk at my job got one. But then again living with mommy and daddy would've made me buy a GTR instead. Love the Si no regrets here either.

I am very glad to hear someone came from subarus to an Si. I was very upset with myself for not dishing out a few grand more on an sti after a punk at my job got one. But then again living with mommy and daddy would've made me buy a GTR instead. Love the Si no regrets here either.
Not worth the extra money for an STi.

I'm a big Subaru fan and I'll own another one some day. But it will be my perfect dream car. Pearl white STi hatch. Mmmmmmm

Alrighty I got a little bit of an update.

Received my Eibach pro-kit springs today! Wont have the time to install until this weekend though. Ill post a picture this weekend when its all done.
3k6vGaPKbULzlBj9lPu7YK7C5f7RPtN0ybj3zabpKTU=w536-h714-no

also I have a question about the way these cars run. I guess im confused on what "rev hang" is. When i push the clutch in the rpms jump up a little. Almost like the clutch is slipping. I read a thread on here about a clutch delay valve in the slave cylinder. If i removed this valve would it help? Or is this just common rev hang?

https://goo.gl/photos/v3MzT4isRgvmcYbc7

idk if you can hear it in the video or even tell whats going on but i tried ha.

Finally got around to install my springs. They look awesome in my opinion. Not too low for daily driving and still closes up that wheel gap a bit. As for the wheel spacers....oh what a pain. I ordered garage line 20mm spacers and never got them. My money was taken out and the order was placed. I got a tracking number and 2 weeks later the status of the delivery never changed. I called garageline to see what was up and they never shipped my spacers. Apparently they had to make them. Why for 2 weeks they never called or at least email to let me know i have no idea. I said ok thats fine but when do you they will get here? He told memonday or tuesday of this week. Well they never came. I called today and he gave me some BS story about how they pressed in the wrong studs and had to order more studs because they were out. They STILL never made them or even called to tell me that. So I just said to give me my money back. So for 3 weeks I waited and was never called, emailed, contacted in anyway to let me know and still took my money. They didnt seem to motivated to get me my spacers and I have a feeling they never even made them or tried to. So anyone wanting to order from them, be careful.

Anyway, on to some pictures!

OrAbaXqdia6TlAN7d-uEpVWQNRZM6T43wbexPa74lMM=w953-h714-no

ILwOVzEk6HmN2rGK7LKZ5KtZaSHKbPPgXH2D_Sx2w7A=w953-h714-no

I also added a shifter extender. I want a different knob but I love the way it feels shifting. Idk I have always liked extenders.

tztH9nZfp9iPQnvrDdjRb27K1wDFREre-jqY3Km4KHM=w536-h714-no

I have my first do-it-myself oil change coming up and right now there is a Honda oil filter and what I assume is Honda 0w-20 in it. The last oil change was done at the dealer where I bought it. A Honda filter will always stay on the car but Im not sure what the best 0w-20 oil would be. Ive done some research and saw some people use Mobil1 but I just wanted some different opinions. Honda uses a synthetic blend or at least thats what it says on the bottles. Idk the history of the oil in the car before the dealer changed it. Coming from a previous subaru owner, oil is important to me haha.

I havent updated in a while. Only a few things have changed. Heres a new mod list:

2012 Civic Si sedan

- Eibach pro-kit springs
- 20mm wheel spacers
- Corsport shift cable bushings
- Corsport shifter base bushings
- Ebay short shift adapter

Also, Ive got some new pictures!

mNv7ydW3oRIdspBqA3AdTBVQpk6CbuMHSJfgkDRwID4=w953-h714-no

rX6Pm0Z9r6fqNgPT36FJewi-DlR5cvB_eYOTxLfx0fE=w536-h714-no

P2cl7uu3qbxzPGsmrI2QUt2EufDOT-vxttZDK82UUBM=w536-h714-no

RgoMSNoqcnOLae34rF1LMQMliyxCjM50Bkq3q-sHB5Y=w953-h714-no

9dLl0NzHKo828NglJK9fgGFpjIaORcZrdgwJMh7Hc2U=w953-h714-no