CCA on factory battery?

sircoffee

California
Vehicle Model
Civic EX
Body Style
Sedan
Hello everyone,
I recently replaced the battery on my 2014 Civiv EX because I have been having to jumpstart it 3 times a week. The car is used everyday (it never sits for more than 24 hours). I replaced it with a Honda battery from the dealership and is there is a visual difference between the factory battery and the one the dealership put in. When the techs were diagnosing the old battery with a battery tester I heard them asking each other whats the CCA and someone replied with 390 which is kinda weak. And the new one they put it on the sticker said 500 CCA. My question is, are factory batteries "weaker"?

Hello everyone,
I recently replaced the battery on my 2014 Civiv EX because I have been having to jumpstart it 3 times a week. The car is used everyday (it never sits for more than 24 hours). I replaced it with a Honda battery from the dealership and is there is a visual difference between the factory battery and the one the dealership put in. When the techs were diagnosing the old battery with a battery tester I heard them asking each other whats the CCA and someone replied with 390 which is kinda weak. And the new one they put it on the sticker said 500 CCA. My question is, are factory batteries "weaker"?

I thought it was 550 but 500 must be the one. See if it says in the owners manual.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That's the "cold cranking amps". The factory honda batteries are notorious for going bad in the 9th gens. Dunno what the deal is, but i replaced mine with a battery that had 660 cca and had no issues

That's the "cold cranking amps". The factory honda batteries are notorious for going bad in the 9th gens. Dunno what the deal is, but i replaced mine with a battery that had 660 cca and had no issues

Find a battery with the best replacement warranty. Check Costco and sams club. The Bosch batteries have good warranties too. I got mine from Costco. Honda batteries are junk I went through 2 in about 3 years.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have a napa legend battery-original died of course, note the srt-4 stock battery weighs 26pds and the Honda 23.5 pds,
looks like to save weight Honda went with a very small battery. nothing wrong with losing weight- a trickle battery charger does solve this problem.

Back