CCR SCCA Solo Novice School - February 23, 2013

hey_mikey

Concord, NC
Vehicle Model
Accord Sport
Body Style
Sedan
So I guess I found a new hobby, cuz I'm pretty hooked. :domokundance:

this was from my last timed run of the day (someone hit a timing light not long after I made it back to the grid and was waiting to run again. went from a 46.5" to a 43.3," but probably could have gone faster if i could put a whole lap together. to give you some perspective, some of the faster guys that I saw who've been running a while were in the 39-40" range. beat some cool cars, but they would probably have been a lot quicker with some driver mods. LOL. the wet conditions and gravel in the track made it super slick, but still tons of fun.

Last edited:
Autox is where real drivers excel and posers don't attend
Speaking of not trying, back in the early 70's I had a 914 and had just gotten home from the UK (three years of racing over there with many awards, lots of 1st as well).
So I'm signed up waiting my turn, and start talking to some guy with a 914, he said he didn't enter, so I gave him the , "doesn't matter if you're 1st or last. you'll still have fun".......... Well I took 1st place in all the classes because it was a "tight" course.......... but the guy I talked into running was the last entry and he beat me and took the 1st........ I would have liked it but I also felt good about recruiting a new racer.......

Yea. It's funny how finishing turns out. I have a good day(so I think) and finish in the pack. Next time out, I drive like crap and finish in the top 5 overall.

I did very well in my rookie season last year. Won two rookie schools, won the rookie class at my local (but very competitive, many SCCA champions here) club and finished 7th overall in my club. Did pretty well at the SCCA events with some wins

Drive well or like crap, it's still the best way to spend a day.

well, finally got around to attending another autoX event. NCAC was this past weekend at Zmax. mostly stock accord against race-prepped cars meant i wasn't super competitive, but i still had a blast. here's a video from one of my runs. the springs and rear sway really helped as they allowed the rear to step out and help me really point the car, but the stock all seasons suck and really had very little grip. i'm gonna have to invest in some better rubber if i wanna post decent times...

Back