Center console/stack removal?

0260N5Si

North America
Vehicle Model
SI
Body Style
2DR
Has any one removed this piece of plastic before? I took out the 2 screws. BBut it still seems pretty solid and I don't want to be too rough in case I am missing something simple, and break it.

Attachments

• tmp_IMG_20131205_070811682225183.jpg
    tmp_IMG_20131205_070811682225183.jpg
    2.8 MB · Views: 69
Yeah I removed mine when I installed my aftermarket head unit. You just gotta get a good grip and pull slowly but very careful. It'll pop out, it's held on by like 2 clips or so.

Well I stuck a flat head on the bottom part and got a grip on it, then just pulled it upward slowly till it popped out.

Take the screws out, grab the top, pull towards you. Comes out easy enough with a little force.

There's to clips on the bottom part of that, that's holding it in. Pull the bottom towards you to uncool then the whole thing downwards.

Thanks. I'll try it again tomorrow. WWhat about the aux and CIG lighter. do they reattach somehow too?

They just plug in on the back side. There is enough slack in the wires.

If you want to unplug them, they AUX has a clip you push to release, the 12v outlet is hard to pull but it pulls right out if you wiggle it.

@0260N5Si

I can take a pic of it removed and post it later if you would like. Mine hasn't been permanently reattached for quite some time.

This pic is a bit messy, but you can see where the clips are (circled in red) and where the power outlet connector is. The blue box in the background is the Aux port. Mine is modified, but I haven't reattached it yet as I need to cut out and mount a spot for a USB jack in the panel. The cord you see going through the spot for the Aux is an iPod cable for a Pioneer headunit. The green wire running to the top of the panel is for the ambient light.

2013-12-06 18.02.43.jpg

Job done. Thanks. Now my next job is to find out how to remove the front bumper cover. LOL. Not looking forward to this one...

That is actually easier than you would think. There is a DIY around here somewhere....

That is actually easier than you would think. There is a DIY around here somewhere....
Yup someone just posted me the link. Thanks. Doesn't look that bad! I may tackle it tomorrow!

Last edited by a moderator:
Back