Check emission system?

Dahws

Alright good people of 9th gen, question for you.

I've had my dc sports Sri installed for a few months now and today I get a check engine light that says to check emissions. Only after market I have installed is the intake as I said.

I think it's worth mentioning that today is the first day it has snowed here so I don't know if that has anything to do with it?

Read the couple other threads here and yes, my Gas cap is on tight.

I am not tuned. Regardless, why would it throw a light on now and not before? It's been on for at least 5k miles.

The only other possibility that I'm considering is the thermostat? I read that it was a recall on the previous year and different model and am curious if the car would still apply today?

Haven't had the chance to check the specific code but when I do I will update the post here.

Any ideas before I have to hopefully not have to head down to the dealer?

P.S. I've checked the maf sensor and it looks like it's sitting flush and is bolted on tight as well.

Hope someone has some idea of what is going on...

EDIT: I haven't noticed any significant power gains or losses after installing my intake. Should I just slap my stock one back on with a drop in? Not interested in tuning due to warranty reasons and also simply due to the fact that I really love how my car drives the way it is which is why I bought it in the first place.

Last edited:
Uodate: code said p0172 too rich...

I'm thinking I take the whole intake apart and put it back together or go back to stock...

Any suggestions?

It can happen at 4 miles, 3k miles, or 20k miles after install. It's probably been running rich from the get go. The car runs rich to begin with. A lot of people had this problem on the 8th gen as well. Without tuning, there really isn't a way around it besides going back to stock. Or, disconnect the battery for a bit....connect it back up & let it idle for like 10min & you should be good for a bit. It just may happen again at any point.

Gah good to know.

Happen to have any links on here about cost and how to go about finding someone to tune it etc? Sorry, new to this scene. Thx webby!!

Have you personally done a tune? How do you feel about it?
Yes, I have been tuned by Vit. I am fully bolted, so my experience will be different from yours, but the car drives wonderfully.

A handful of people have been tuned with no mods and say the difference is night and day. If you are happy with the way it drives now, you are in for quite the surprise if you decide to get a tune.

One thing that has become apparent is that the 9th Gen does not respond well to modifications without a tune.

Can you explain what you mean by differently? That's what everyone says but there's no real description... Lol [emoji5]

Edit: When your say guilt bolted, you mean to exhaust etc?

He has just about every performance add-on without having a turbo/supercharger. "full bolt-ons". intake/exhaust/downpipe/rbc intake manifold/zdx throttle body...."

Having a car tuned with that many mods is hard to compare to a car with an intake. "Difference" = hesitation issues gone... increased torque/hp all throughout the rev range. Increased gas mileage, because the car runs rich from the factory. Just a different feeling car

Once I reinstall my stock intake how long will it take for the cel to go away? It's my understanding that it takes some time for it to go away until the ratios become accustomed again? Should I let it idle after install?

Back