Christian12's black FG4 Build

Christian12

Winnipeg, Manitoba
Vehicle Model
Civic Si
Body Style
Coupe
I’ve had been debating on making a Journal for a while now so here it is.

When I decided to buy a car I was looking at lots of different cars in my price range, I wanted something new. But everything I looked at was either too expensive or didn’t have enough space in the car for hockey bags/sticks etc. Then I came across the civic. Quickly realized this was exactly what I wanted in a car it had a big trunk but still relatively fast, Sporty but very particle and also in my price range.

I purchased the car in the showroom (classic) within 20 minutes of looking at the car. I put a deposited on the car and a week later picked her up and she was mine.

So I swore to my self I wasn’t going to mod this car because I thought it was perfect also didn’t want to mess with warranty. Funny enough around June I learnt that exhaust wasn’t part of the warranty so I thought hey I should get something to make it sound meaner so I started looking around I found a skunk2 mega power RR 76mm exhaust on kijiji selling for cheap that was basically brand new. So I emailed them and made the deal. That same day I installed the exhaust and loved it (was little loud for my liking but it was fun) by the way this is where it all went down hill from here.

Couple months later I decided id get an intake did so I purchased a Greddy momentum Intake from option. (not sure if it adds power but sounds great so its worth it)

Also bought some Megan racing coils at the speed factor year end sale (not the best in the market but a great price)

a couple weeks after I purchased my first set off rims for the car. They were XXR 530 17X8.25 +25 matte black

During the Winter I decided I should get a downpipe but I wanted it to be the same company the whole way through and I also wanted it to be catted but skunk2 was only catless. So I did some research and found a company called full race that sold a great sounding exhaust and downpipe so I ordered it at option. When it arrived I installed in the first weekend I could because I already sold the skunk2 for pretty much the same price I bought it for. I wanted to install the downpipe but I didn’t have an 02 socket and everywhere was closed by then. So I decided to do it in the spring

Couple random buys I did during the winter was

Shift knob, Short shifter, Hondata Flash Pro

Fast forward a few months coming spring I went to my buddy’s to install my coil overs took a lot longer then I excepted battling ride height and trying to figure out a big knuckling noise that my car was making (forgot bump Stop on shock) rookie mistake … also installed the downpipe and put on the XXRs the same day. I thought the car looked great lowered and rims

Here’s a couples pictures @Speedplz took for me

Also thought this was cool on how the cat changed colours

After a couple days after I noticed a rattle come from the downpipe from acceleration. I did some research and it was I needed to upgrade my rear engine mount so at lunch I went to speed and purchased the hansport rear engine mount. That’s stopped the rattle and less wheel hope, which was nice.

Also the car was rubbing when I had people in the back and I didn’t want to shave my fenders and I didn’t like the rubber on the car so I thought lets just a lot add more camber so I bought some skunk2 camber arms. That for sure solved my problem. Haha

That was pretty much it for the summer I decided id leave it for now and enjoy it for the summer (which I did)

Coming to The Fall I decided to pull the trigger on the Karftwerks Supercharger kit god I’m excited !! to install that puppy

Mod List:

Performance:

Full Race Cat Back
Full Race Down Pipe (catted)
Kraftwerks Supercharger
· Rotrex C30-94 Supercharger w/ 120mm Pulley (10.8psi)
· Grams Performance 1,000cc/min.
· High-Flow, Cast Aluminum Intake Manifold
· Front Mount Intercooler (23 x 7 x 3 Inch)
· Aluminum Intercooler Piping
· Oil Cooler
· Recirculating Bypass Valve
AEM Water Meth kit
Grams 265lph fuel pump

Engine Bay

PW JDM Coil pack cover
PW JDM Fender washers
Spoon Covers

Suspension and Wheels:

Magen Racing Street series coilovers
Skunk2 Camber arms version 2
TE37's 17X8.5 +30 / Bridgestone pozenta PP
RFP1 17X7 +45 / Dunlop Z2
Progress 24mm rear Sway bar (not installed)

Exterior:

Tint 50 front 35 back (legal)
HFP body kit
Dipped Emblems
Yellow Fog overlay
Taillight overlay

Interior:

Buddy Club Short Shifter
Zerg Industries Weighted Shift knob, Blox shift knob
3.75 inch shifter extension
Yo speed Si Door Sill Garnishes
All weather floor mats (fall, Winter, Spring)
HFP red floor mats (Summer)
Tanabe wideban gauge
Tanabe Boost gauge
Perrin pod cover

Mod List:

Performance:

Full Race Cat Back
Full Race Down Pipe (catted)
Kraftwerks Supercharger
· Rotrex C30-94 Supercharger w/ 120mm Pulley (10.8psi)
· Grams Performance 1,000cc/min.
· High-Flow, Cast Aluminum Intake Manifold
· Front Mount Intercooler (23 x 7 x 3 Inch)
· Aluminum Intercooler Piping
· Oil Cooler
· Recirculating Bypass Valve
AEM Water Meth kit
Grams 265lph fuel pump

Engine Bay

PW JDM Coil pack cover
PW JDM Fender washers
Spoon Covers

Suspension and Wheels:

Megan Racing Street series coilovers
Skunk2 Camber arms version 2
TE37's 17X8.5 +30 / Bridgestone pozenta PP
RFP1 17X7 +45 / Dunlop Z2
Progress 24mm rear Sway bar (not installed)

Exterior:

Tint 50 front 35 back (legal)
HFP body kit
Dipped Emblems
Yellow Fog overlay
Taillight overlay

Interior:

Buddy Club Short Shifter
Zerg Industries Weighted Shift knob, Blox shift knob
3.75 inch shifter extension
Yo speed Si Door Sill Garnishes
All weather floor mats (fall, Winter, Spring)
HFP red floor mats (Summer)
Tanabe wideban gauge
Tanabe Boost gauge
Perrin pod cover

Last edited:
Thanks guys there really isn't much going on with the car since winter is around the corner so I'll just be gathering parts

I guess its time to update,
first off i put the stock suspension in for winter, i don't feel like wrecking my coilovers with the very cold temperatures and the salt on the roads.

After all that i sold the xxrs (Sad day)

all prepped up for the new owner
but the good news i found these for a deal i couldnt refuse !!!

they're 17x8.5 +30
this came in today ... can't wait until spring now

now i gotta order some rubber
also pretty excited the kit came with a fuel pump! Which is weird because it says it doesn't but i guess ill return the one i bought

Changed the intro completely.. ahaha tells the story of the car,
Today i had to feed my addiction so picked up a PWD JDM spark plug cover. its time to fill it up with carbon fiber

Also ordered 8 spark plugs supposedly you go through the first set pretty quickly either in the dyne tuning or a couple weeks after so might as well get 8

Changed the intro completely.. ahaha tells the story of the car,
Today i had to feed my addiction so picked up a PWD JDM spark plug cover. its time to fill it up with carbon fiber

Also ordered 8 spark plugs supposedly you go through the first set pretty quickly either in the dyne tuning or a couple weeks after so might as well get 8
Ask to return the 4....or all 8. You will not go through spark plugs. In all honesty, you'll not need spark plugs at all unless you need colder plugs for turbo/sc setups.

Ask to return the 4....or all 8. You will not go through spark plugs. In all honesty, you'll not need spark plugs at all unless you need colder plugs for turbo/sc setups.
I'm doing a supercharger set up, and the guys said when they were tuning another 9th gen and other 8th gens on the kraftwerks set up. They told me it either will need to change it while or a couple weeks after the tune. They said if don't need them they will gladly take them back

One of mine burnt out after a week with the supercharger so yea, that was a good idea. My tuner also told me that I should replace them every year to be safe. He said typically they only last up to 2 years with a supercharger because of the heat it produces

One of mine burnt out after a week with the supercharger so yea, that was a good idea. My tuner also told me that I should replace them every year to be safe. He said typically they only last up to 2 years with a supercharger because of the heat it produces
yeah i thought either way I'm gonna be using them some time in the 7 years of me owning the car

btw what are you running for tires? I'm just trying to figure that out right now

yeah i thought either way I'm gonna be using them some time in the 7 years of me owning the car

btw what are you running for tires? I'm just trying to figure that out right now
Stock all seasons for now. In the spring I'll be going with Super Sports

Not sure if I'll be getting new wheels to go with the tires, so idk yet.

What should I do guys.
Thinking wrinkle red valve cover, gloss black intercooler piping. Not Sure what I should do with the intake manifold... thinking keeping it that wrinkle silver to match the S/C

Last edited:
Well if you're getting a supercharger... You won't see the intake manifold

Back